Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2003, 11:51 AM   #81
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

I fancy myself somewhat of a basketball expert - despite my nationality? - and while I most certainly agree that Dirk Nowitzki is by far the best player Germany has ever produced I very much doubt that the Mavericks will make it to the finals this year: too little defense.
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 05-10-2003, 11:54 AM   #82
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

We should get Z to start a Sports forum, what do ya think?
Old 05-10-2003, 02:20 PM   #83
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
well, I don't know whether this is new or not. Michael Jordan has been booted out of Washington Wizards by the owner Abe Pollin. now I wonder which team will Jordan go now or will he retire permenantly at last?
My first guess would be the Bulls, but they recently signed John Paxson for the job. So that's no longer an option. I'd love to see him working for the Knicks, after all, M.J. is a New Yorker.

Well, i think the Kings are toast. Without Webber their offense is much less effective. Too bad. My guess is whoever wins the Spurs-Lakers series, will win it all.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:49 PM   #84
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Lakers win but still losing the series 1 - 2. hope they win the next 3 match.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:22 AM   #85
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Lakers win but still losing the series 1 - 2. hope they win the next 3 match.
Did you see the match ? I can't believe some of the calls the refs make in favor of the Lakers. I'm not going to say that the Spurs would have won if they didn't make such bad calls, they were simply shooting very poor that game, but it would sure make a difference.

An example: one of the spurs players is up in the air, on his way to a layup. Then Horry steps in front of him, and takes the charge. Score no good, Spurs get whistled for an offensive foul.

Bullshit !!!

That's not taking the charge, the guy was already up in the air, when Horry decided to move in front of him. So it should have been a defensive foul. Score for the Spurs+ a free throw. But no... not that night. As if the refs decided not to let San Antonio win game 3. That was just one of the many examples there were of bad calls.

Btw, the Mavericks have taken control of their series now. I knew the Kings wouldn't stand much of a chance without Webber.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:00 AM   #86
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

No, I forgot to watch the live game. I saw the result on today's Sunday newspaper. It says there on sport section with big letters " Lakers Rout Spurs ".

do you know that everytime Lakers win the newspaper will put it like that? someone working with the newspaper must be a big fan of Lakers.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:24 AM   #87
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

damn! Webber's injured! now the Kings have a lot on their hands... but then they have a very deep bench... and Peja is still there.. Mavs are squat if they decide to slash and drive to the basket... which Bibby and the rest of the gang loves doing... if that doesn't work.. hi peja who is waiting in the three-point area... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2003, 07:31 AM   #88
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
damn! Webber's injured! now the Kings have a lot on their hands... but then they have a very deep bench... and Peja is still there.. Mavs are squat if they decide to slash and drive to the basket... which Bibby and the rest of the gang loves doing... if that doesn't work.. hi peja who is waiting in the three-point area... [img]smile.gif[/img]
But so is Nick van Exel, and Dirk Nowitzki. The Mavs scored 140 points in last night's double overtime game, and have now taken control over the series. The Kings are hurting without Webber.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:55 PM   #89
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Yes, but I still feel that if you need to score 130-140 points every single time to earn a win in a playoff game because of your poor defense, you won't win the title.
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 05-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #90
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Yes, but I still feel that if you need to score 130-140 points every single time to earn a win in a playoff game because of your poor defense, you won't win the title.
Very true,but defense alone won't do you any good either. look at the Pistons, they're the best defensive team in the league, but you can't really count them among the contenders.

I guess there has to be a balance between offense and defense. Unfortunately the Lakers have that. The Kings (if healthy) and the Spurs have it too, be it in a lesser degree.

The best teams i ever saw, are still the Chicago Bulls in the first two seasons after M.J's return.

I think the Mavs have what it takes to play good defensive baketball, but they'll have to get rid of Don Nelson first. He knows only one style of play: run and gun. Attractive to watch, but not always that effective.