Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-29-2003, 12:08 AM   #41
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Dan, I have suggested before that we set up a subscription of, say, $5 a month for those willing and able. Is there no way we can put something like that in place?
Actually, I'm working on that now [img]smile.gif[/img] . Paypal has a subscription thing, and each month, it'll take whatever you pledged each month! A really nifty tool!

I'm working on the page for it now, and I'll let ya know when it's up!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-29-2003, 04:15 AM   #42
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ziroc, check your pm's.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:36 AM   #43
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Actually, I'm working on that now [img]smile.gif[/img] . Paypal has a subscription thing, and each month, it'll take whatever you pledged each month! A really nifty tool!

I'm working on the page for it now, and I'll let ya know when it's up!
Good, Dan, because I can afford the monthly thing a lot more than I can large amounts, sporadically.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:32 AM   #44
Sigmar
Unicorn

Sorry but I can't contribute a single pound for a number of differant reasons, trust me they're good.

But what I feel like I have to say Ziroc is that I love this forum as much as the next member here, hell I've spent a half an hour at the least practically every day here (and on dial up that equals a lot of money) but its not worth it Ziroc if you're standard of living is suffering because you've got to keep this place running. If you're in the red so much couldn't you just let IW go inactive for a while until you've saved up enough money to get it up and running again? The decisions yours I know, I'm just saying if its in the name of the greater good Ziroc you've got my (and probably every other member's) full support to shut this site down.

On the other hand if you choose to leave it open and keep going through the bad times then I can't emphasise how much I respect that decision. To make a self sacrifice like that just to keep this site running is an action that invokes a feeling of respect within me for yourself. I'm sorry I can't contribute (I will when I'm older) and I hope this place keeps running for a long, long time. Good luck Ziroc.

PS-I'm sure you're aware of the fact that there is another option in the form of advertising links and even the dreaded pop-ups. Still if thats what it takes then I would do it. Like I said it's obviously your choice.

"Until all are one"

[ 03-30-2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 03-30-2003, 02:22 PM   #45
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

How goes the membership drive, Z?? Are you gonna make it?
Old 03-30-2003, 03:14 PM   #46
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ya, how we doin? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 04:05 PM   #47
Link
Jack Burton

Ok, had a training weekend for my rowing club the past days, so I didn't notice any of this. I promise to take care of it though; I'll try to donate something to you, Dan. Hang in there mate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 03-30-2003, 11:39 PM   #48
Cerek the Barbaric

Ziroc - After reading the thread and all the suggestions, I think Timber and Attalus have the best idea. I firmly believe that Ironworks should be totally and completely supported by the members and that it shouldn't cost you anything (other than the copious amount of time you already put in).

I'm not suggesting making IW a "Members Only" site. I remember the discussion concerning that from last summer. I agree that making it a "Pay" site would eliminate far too many of our members - especially the younger ones.

What I would like to see is a permanent "funds gauge" similar to the one we had for the first big Donation Drive a while back. Let us know exactly how much it costs to keep Ironworks "up and running" each month, what day of the month the payment is needed by, and then set-up a "Marker" so that we can see how close we are each month. If the members saw that donations were a little low one month and the payment date was coming up, then we could prompt ourselves to increase the donations to meet that month's goal without you having to ask for it. Also, by knowing the amount needed each month, those who want to contribute on a regular basis could determine how much they need to donate each month.

Personally, I planned to start sending in a donation every month, but I simply forget to sometimes. With the "Monthly Marker" serving as a constant reminder, I would think that the donations would take care of themselves.

As for our current situation, it will be couple of weeks before I can help out this time. Payday comes this week, but it will take 4-5 days for the funds to be transferred to my PayPal account. I hope it won't be too late - so let us know how close (or far) we are.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:21 AM   #49
LordKathen

Well said Cerek. I agree 100%. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 10:00 AM   #50
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

bump.

How fare it, Z? The fact that IWF is still up *today* doesn't alleviate my concerns for the site.