Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 04:25 PM   #21
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

This is ridculous. Skywalker, really now, what was the point of this thread? To prove that atheist are good people? Who cares? I dont think MagiKs posts in my thread contridict that. He ask what wear the moitivations. Its two completely diffrent things.

Skywalker I think this thread can be considered flamebaiting.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 10-24-2002, 04:33 PM   #22
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
originally posted by Magik:
Einstein was an atheist? I thnk not, he had another quote to his credit that you may have missed. "God Does not play dice with the Universe" Uttered in a discussion about Quantum physics. Are there other possible paradoxes in your quotes? thats just one that I saw right off.

Originally posted by Attalus:
I'm with MagiK on this one, Mark, I saw no one one IR's thread that said anything remotely like that. What I said was that the good impulses of atheists and believers alike come from the same Source, whether they like it or not, and that none of your quotes have addressed that.

Oh, and, Magik, there is another Einstein quote, "I do not believe in a personal God."

Congratulations, boys! Together you make a complete wit.

Why thank you [img]smile.gif[/img] but don't worry Im sure there is some one out there to help you become complete as well [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2002, 04:35 PM   #23
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
This is ridculous. Skywalker, really now, what was the point of this thread? To prove that atheist are good people? Who cares? I dont think MagiKs posts in my thread contridict that. He ask what wear the moitivations. Its two completely diffrent things.

Skywalker I think this thread can be considered flamebaiting.

I.R. I do guess I owe you an apology for hijacking the thread that way, but you got to believe me, Ihad no idea this was gonna balloon the way it did. Sorry dude

Old 10-24-2002, 04:48 PM   #24
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

No worries here MagiK. I was expecting it to probably trail off into something like it did. Not that I intended that, mind you
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 10-24-2002, 04:54 PM   #25
The Trickster
Manshoon

Oh no....another religious discussion....must not....lose control.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I really don't think that we can take one quote from someone, which could be taken completely out of context, and then judge them on it as to whether they are of religious nature or not. But you are right about the morality thing.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:27 PM   #26
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Great great quotes all-around. And it's so nice to see all the partial wits add up.

I must say I have witnessed over the past couple of days one of the more respectful religious discussions I've ever been around. And, it didn't get thrown too far off on any tangents. It's evidence of a great community.

I notice more than ever though the truth, or at least partial truth, of those who have said God died this century. Even 40 years ago, the posts some of us have been making here would have gotten us flamed and threatened. Now it seems everyone is generally accepting of the debate. Moreover, the number of "I'm against organized religion but I have spirituality" people is incredible - which is evidence of a general theological trend in our modern individuality-driven times. And to top it all off, the willingness of the group to recognize that atheists are good guys too is astounding.

Times the have been a-changing.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:47 PM   #27
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yes, it has been a good descusion.

"I'm against organized religion but I have spirituality"

This statement is so predominant because you don't need a church to believe in God. Look at all the church scandels and horrible things some of the popes and church leaders have done in the past. The "do as I say not as I do" statement grows very tiresome on people as well. Personally I believe that one of the first popes burnt scripture detailing alot of Jesus life and the fact that he may have had children before he died just so they could continue to fill their coffers. Then there are the priest that get up today and condem all other people of other religions to hell because they don't accept or believe in Jesus. I am sure if there is a God we will all be judged when our time comes but weather any one is right I cannot say because I am only a human and cannot possibly understand God's plan just as it is written. Wouldn't it be ironic though to see of these priest condemed because of their lack of humility in thinking they were so right when their time comes. It would not be funny, but it would be ironic. So I think we should all show a little humility in our lives and say something like "this is what I believe but it doesn't mean I am correct". Remember we are what we make ourselves in this world and condeming our neighbors based on their beliefs can not be healthy in the long run.

[ 10-24-2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 10-24-2002, 06:54 PM   #28
skywalker
Banned User

Somewhere on this Forum, MagiK, you did say that you could not trust an athiest because they had no moral convictions. I can't find it anywhere so I guess I'm mistaken and it was never posted. My bad.

It just makes me look like an @$$ so I just as soon give it up. You won MagiK.
I've lost interest anyway.

mark
Old 10-24-2002, 07:04 PM   #29
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Now, Mark, that was being very gracious, and then you threw in that last remark and made it sound like sour grapes.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:08 PM   #30
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Now, Mark, that was being very gracious, and then you threw in that last remark and made it sound like sour grapes.
Well, it could be because I feel like I've been burned, that's all.

Mark