Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2001, 07:30 AM   #1
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok what's the deal with the Romances? Is there anything in it besides the extra roleplaying stuff? I mean does it open up for any subquests or something? I don't really wanna romance any of the so called Chicks in the game unless there is something in it - i feel cheesy when answering the questions about Aeries wings, Jaheira's mangled husband etc.

Is there really any need to do so? Also i wanted to install ToB but got a warning about it if i hadn't finished my Jaheira romance?
Old 09-26-2001, 07:53 AM   #2
Zbyszek

There are some small quests: one for Jaheira, one for Aerie. Jaheira will get some nice Harpers pin. Romance and they will tell you theirs stories. A lot of dialogs. Anyway it is fun. Man, I am trembling each time I have that little talks.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:17 AM   #3
Tina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"man, I'ma trembling each time..."
Me, too !
The romances are ALL really thrilling. AND they include each of them a little sidequest.
And yes, don't install ToB if you haven't finished the Jaheira romance, patch won't help.
You CAN remove the Jaheira.bcs file from the override directory and put it back when you finished SoA. I have to say it again, just to save anyone from a nervous breakdown. Noone should suffer like I did !
Old 09-26-2001, 08:46 AM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Yep romances are great specially sweet cute Aerie. But Aerie/Viconia doesnt have any side quests etc. Jaheira has got lots of side quests trouble etc

------------------
"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Fighter of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 09-26-2001, 08:49 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
Yep romances are great specially sweet cute Aerie. But Aerie/Viconia doesnt have any side quests etc. Jaheira has got lots of side quests trouble etc

Are you talking people into Avatars little Aerie fanclub, Zoltan???

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-26-2001, 09:11 AM   #6
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

if you love Aerie join ALSB
meet me at the tempel
( see forum Aerie's tempel ...)

------------------

so sweat , you find them no sweater than this ...
no prettier than this ..

you can geus who it is

!!!!! AERIE !!!!!!
and am proud to be a Platinum Spell Jammer of ALSB
Old 09-26-2001, 09:59 AM   #7
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

well, actually jaheira will get her pin even faster if you DON't romance her, I think. (or is it if she does not romance you? not sure.) In my party her harper plot is progressing VERY fast and we are not in romance (she doesn't like half-orcs)
Old 09-27-2001, 01:57 AM   #8
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

aerie and viconia have no side quests.

jaheira's is worth it up to the point where you go get questioned at the harper hold as you can get a very cool ring of wizardry. (extra 5/6/7 spell)
Old 09-27-2001, 04:16 AM   #9
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't like the romances, but i'll do them for the quests. Currently i actually dumped Jaheira and she told me that was stupid, but she is still waiting for me outside the Harpers Hold and i tried picking her up again (and it works once). Right now she is standing there because i couldn't figure out what she wanted me to do. The hold is empty - had a lot of subquests like killing those bastards that jumped us in the cemetary, but i don't know why she is waiting outside still? I tried adding her back and run around but since i can't activate any quests i reloaded before adding her and took off to spellhold - she better be there when i get back if there is still a use for her - i didn't get the pin yet so, what is the next step in getting that?
Old 09-27-2001, 05:47 AM   #10
Zbyszek

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
To activate Harpers quests you have to bring someone's body to guy R.. in Docks district, and then help Xzan.