Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-08-2001, 07:22 AM   #1
Paragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi folks, just bought the game and started playing, I Just entered the Slums and am looking for a thiefto join me after losing Imoen. I am playing a Ranger and found I couldn't open the Dwarfs (tough bugger) group chests.
Also I wondered if it is worth doing my Stronghold quest this early? seems I need to find a boy in the Slums somewhere. Anyone care to enlighten me? Thanx
Old 03-08-2001, 07:51 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
Hi folks, just bought the game and started playing, I Just entered the Slums and am looking for a thiefto join me after losing Imoen. I am playing a Ranger and found I couldn't open the Dwarfs (tough bugger) group chests.
Also I wondered if it is worth doing my Stronghold quest this early? seems I need to find a boy in the Slums somewhere. Anyone care to enlighten me? Thanx
Go to the Copper Coronet and you'll find one. She's not the greatest thief in the world but she will do if all you need her to do is pick locks and scout for traps. Alternatively go to the Government district and you'll find another one.

You should be able to find the boy either in the Government district or Waukeen's promenade. Do your stronghold quest and get some early XP. You'll need it.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-08-2001, 09:21 AM   #3
Gray Mage
Banned User

Memnoch, I went looking in the Government Dist, but couldn't find Jan. Can you make my life easy and let me know where he is....

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-08-2001, 09:34 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
Memnoch, I went looking in the Government Dist, but couldn't find Jan. Can you make my life easy and let me know where he is....

Okay, a spoiler.
1. If you've never met him, he should be in the Government district, in the south end of the park, near the herald. If he spoke to you and you told him to piss off you'll never see him again. If you spoke to him and was polite to him, you will find him in:

2. His house in the Slums, in the basement.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-08-2001, 10:12 AM   #5
Gray Mage
Banned User

Thanks, I'll have to try that after I get out of the underdark. Is he better than Iomen or is it advisable to keep her for the rest of the game. Currently I have.

Me..kensai/Mage
Minsc
Valagar
Iomen
Jaheria
Aerie

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-08-2001, 10:29 AM   #6
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Your party looks fine.

By the time you get out of the Underdark, Imoen will have enough experience to make her a worthwhile mage. If you pick up Jan this late in the game, you will need to figure out how to raise him up in experience so that he is on par with the rest of your group.

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice
Old 03-08-2001, 10:43 AM   #7
Gray Mage
Banned User

Thanks FB.

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-08-2001, 05:37 PM   #8
Paragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-08-2001, 05:42 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I think imoen is a waste of space! The ex. loss from chapters 1-4 is too great too make up.... and even then she isn't a perticularly brillinat mage or theif!

Anyone feel diffrent?

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]