Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-10-2001, 04:33 PM   #1
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Just wondering which I should do next? I finished the Stout Mines and want to get to Brimloch Roon as soon as possible but didn't know if I need to do the Caves first?
Any help would be appreciated.
Benihaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
Max
Dungeon Master

You don't need to do the caves to get to the third village, so you can go on to dragon spire and then come back to do the caves at a later date.

The only reason that you need to do the caves is to complete your quests from Isahd and to get the "tomb of wind". You won't need the "tomb of wind" until close to the end of the game so theres no rush to get that.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 05:14 PM   #3
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Thanks Max,
I think I'll check out the town and come back.
Old 06-10-2001, 11:24 PM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

The only reason to do Boogre Prison before the Dragon Spire is a guild quest at the Wizard's Guild. The 2nd quest is done in the Boogre prison, but the third is completed in the Dragon Spire. You cannot get the third until after you have completed the 2nd. If the wizard's quests do not matter to you, by all means hit Dragon Spire when you want.

Good Luck,

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 01:16 AM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

You never actually HAVE to go to the Boogre Caves. I didn't go until almost the very end of the game, just before going to the Pyramid of Cet. I'm glad I did it that late because it was much easier than when I tried earlier on. At least reach level 15-20 before going, at least that's what I recommend. It becomes much easier at that point. The Boogre Caves are NOT easy, not to scare you or anything but they aren't. Have fun whichever way you choose to go!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 09:05 AM   #6
mdalos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was at the same decision point as you and decided to do boogre prison before dragon spire. It is tough. I am level 13 (6 person party) and am having a pretty hard time staying alive. Since I am about halfway through it I am going to keep going though. If you decide to do the prison now, make sure you have lots of fire spells and cure poison...you have to fight jungle flowers (another version of the amazon mantraps) except there is nowhere to hide and fire at them.

Michelle
mdalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 10:54 AM   #7
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

Thanks to all that answered. I got most of the way thru Dragon's Spire but I'm having some difficulties. I'm going to do a search and if I can't find anything then I'll post it here and see if anyone has some advice.
I do need some wizard quests so I'll try to the caves and then go back.
Old 06-11-2001, 12:22 PM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

Boogre-ville is much more fun, though. Probably the most fun dungeon in the whole game IMHO!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote