Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 10:24 AM   #1
Perin

I started the game with junk characters just to jump into it. Once I understood how it worked a little bit I wanted to start a new game with new characters. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to do this. When I created new characters and left the inn for the first time I did not meet Gareth. I never met the snake guy. When I went to the cemetery all of the skeletons were already dead. I ended up uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling it. There must be an easier way to do this. Right? I hope. If there is no way to do it within the game are there files that I could delete from windows to restart? I tried the restore game feature with no luck.

Old 10-17-2000, 11:05 AM   #2
Catlyna

I found this very confusing at first as well. What you need to go is click on the little computer icon in the lower left to reset the adventure. Then return to the Inn. The photos should not be greyed out now and you can delete them and start over. I had to "revert" a couple of times as well, which you do from the disk icon while in the Inn. And then I had to "reset". Just one of those pesky game design issues. Good luck!

Old 10-17-2000, 11:23 AM   #3
MrCreosote

When I started new games I still couldnt get this aspect to work correctly (more goddam bugs etc), so I found the best way was to go into your W&W Windoze folder and sort by date, then find the 3 files it puts in here at install by looking at the dates and then deleting all the files YOUNGER than that. You can also go into the save directory and delete the save games but that doesnt really matter. It is sensible to copy those files somewhere else before deleting - just in case.

This way you get a completely clean start to the game as though you had just installed. With all the bugs/hang-ups this game has I feel it sensible to do a clean restart rather than relying on the game mechanics. You also have the certainty that its a fresh start rather than the lingering doubt that at some time in the game you will be shafted because of the restart.