Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-29-2001, 10:42 AM   #1
Gwynalah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been reading the posts and trying to find solid facts on the Jahiera male character romance, but no go! Here are my questions:

(By the way, if any game developers out there read this, what woman in her right mind would play a female character if the romance is Anomen?? We want sexy elven guys, dammit.)

1) DOES your reputation have to be in a certain range in order to start a romance with Jaheira?

2) If Jaheira was talking to me early in the game but hasn't said anything in a LONG time (but I never said anything bad to her), then does that mean she is not interested? Did she "hear" me when I was nice to Aerie and then lose interest?

3) IF I am being nice to Aerie, does that mean that things will not develop with Jaheira? They haven't fought over me because Jaheira just hasn't said anything lately, although Aerie accused her of checking me out.

Sorry if this seems redundant, but I REALLY couldn't find any straight answers to these questions.

------------------
+-------------
semi-sweet vanilla
http://www.misterx.org/louhi/
Old 06-29-2001, 10:53 AM   #2
Waluin

Welcome to the board!

And welcome to my world.

Let me tell you my story, and see if it helps:

I have Aerie and Jaheira in my group. Now I was able to iniatiate the Jaheria romance because I found the merchant that sold me the keepsake necklance. Granted, I dont think its *absolutely necessary* (I may be wrong) but it really gets the ball rolling.

As time progressed, we started talking on and off. (Do NOT worry about time periods between chatting. Sometimes it will be a long time before she speaks up. That is, of course, going with the assumption you started the romance in the first place.)

But then Aerie started exhibiting interest, and I got somewhat torn. So I basically started being nice to her too. (DONT WORRY, this doesnt kill of jaheria's interest...yet).

A few days and about a quest or two later, I sleep at the Inn in the brige district to crash after working on the playhouse funding. Sudden Aerie goes despondent on me and jaheria, as always, bites her head off. (Oh, they will ge3t SO mad at each other if you play nice to both. You'll notice that soon enough). The fights finally come to a head here, and you are forced to finally choose who you want romantically. In error, I said I liked Aerie (b/c I wanted J to stop picking on her). Evidently, that KILLED the Jaheira romance dead in its tracks and started the Aerie romance. Shit.

Well, after some deliberation with myself I decided to hack the saved game file and re-initialize the romance and kill the romance with Aerie. All I did was swap the romance codes, and everything was fixed. Nothing really 'hacked' or anything. So I'm back on track with Jaheira. Normally, I think Aerie would have left the group (or at least be terribly depressed) if I chose Jaheira over her, but since I effectively 'ended the romance on a good note' by hacking her romance code to say so Aerie has shut up and Jaheira and I have been continuing romance talk. Everyone, in short, is happy.

So, in recap:

1)I'd watch alignment just in case, but I dont think it is a factor. Try to keep your alignment some what neutral, perhaps to make sure.

2)Time isnt a problem. Just wait. If the romance was initialized, everything is fine. She'll talk eventually. If not, its a game bug. Open the saved game with an editor and see what's gummed up. I think I answered the Aerie/Jaheira thing up top already. Dont worry about acting nice to both, but things WILL Come to a head.

3)See #2. Aerie desparately wants your approval/romance. If you choose Aerie, Jaheira will relent (albeit sadly) and stay with you. Aerie, if turned down for jaheira, may split. Since I muddled a little with the saved game file to fix my Jaheira romance, I don't think I'll have that problem though. Just a head's up. In the end, I'll most likely be dumping Aerie for Nalia/Imoen.
Old 06-29-2001, 10:59 AM   #3
Gwynalah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Then, I ask you this: Where is this keepsake necklace and how do I reinstate the Jaheira romance code/what is the code? I think that when Jaheira bit Aerie's head off, I may have chosen a biased response toward Aerie(don't remember quite)! And Aerie is driving me NUTS, so I want Jaheira instead.
Old 06-29-2001, 11:00 AM   #4
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I'll try and help. I've gone through the Jahiera romance a couple of times.
Welcome!!!!
1. No it doesn't.
2. If she hasn't talked in a long time the romance may have frozen. This is apperently common with jaheira as so many global variables are involved. You'll need shadowkeeper to fix it if this is the case. The game also may be waiting for a trigger. Some dialogues are only triggered when you visit a certain area, sleep in the wilderness, after particular quests. Have you been to the meeting with Galavrey? Buy jahiera the locket from the merchant outside the temple of Oghma in the bridge district.
3. No, they will just eventuall y force you to choose between them.
No need to apologise. All problems are important here.

------------------
WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old 06-29-2001, 11:04 AM   #5
Waluin

As I suspected. Thanks for the tag-team Draggor, I wasnt sure on point number one.

Yeah, once I fixed Jaheira back, I've been doing the harper thing, got waylaid by bandits thing, and others. We're hitting it off well.