Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-17-2004, 01:51 PM   #21
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
Think me strange, but at thirteen years old I have never and never will drink alocohol. Even if it's been diluted with water to the ratio of 1:999999999, I won't touch it. Horrible stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Alcohol is just as bad as any other drug and has the same (if not worse) effects, be it heroin or cocaine. So why hasn't the governement made it illegal? $$$$$$$... Hehehehe I don't intend to bring a happy topic down lol sorry [img]smile.gif[/img] . Drink it all ya want, got nothing to do with me [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] . Oh and my dad is insisting that I mention that Carling is the best alcoholic drink [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
LOL Arledrian is right, but at age 13 I'm not surprised you don't like alcohol, I certainly didn't when I was 13. You'll change
Old 04-17-2004, 01:51 PM   #22
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Well, I may be bashed by every resident alcoholic for this, but beer sucks period people. It doesn't even smell good, or maybe that's the American beer I'm thinking of [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I don't know, I think it's all beer. My friend gave me some of what she said was really good stuff and I could hardly get it down... I really don't care for it.
But who could fault me for taking a jab at American beer, widely regarded as of poor quality?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:10 PM   #23
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
You'll change
Not when I've made a Ł50 bet with a friend that I won't touch it even on my 18th birthday . Anyway, Coca Cola is cheaper and tastier [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 04-17-2004, 02:43 PM   #24
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Not when I've made a Ł50 bet with a friend that I won't touch it even on my 18th birthday . Anyway, Coca Cola is cheaper and tastier [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Either you lost 50 pounds of money, or you are to be one among *very* few people. Good luck on your impossible mission!

Personally, I don't drink much. The other boys in my class are either completely sober, or drinking everything that's possible (and smoking water pipe (and pot). I've had only one instance where I really was drunk, but I didn't throw up. I don't want to drink til' I throw up. At least, not yet.

The one time when I did get drunk was with Russian vodka. Horrible stuff! Estonian vodka tastes much better.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:55 PM   #25
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
You're kidding, right? I dunno where you grew up, but where I grew up, everyone was drinking as soon as they could somehow get some bar staff to think they were 18 For me, this was around age 15....being tall is useful
But I never liked wine...still don't. I'll stick to my lager and the occasional shot of whiskey, rum or vodka, thanks.
Mmm. Sounds familiar. Might be a sort of hungarian thing.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:57 PM   #26
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
You'll change
Not when I've made a Ł50 bet with a friend that I won't touch it even on my 18th birthday . Anyway, Coca Cola is cheaper and tastier [img]tongue.gif[/img] . [/QUOTE]If you like Coca Cola you can try mixing some alcohols with it.
BTW good luck on the bet, although I doubt you'll make it. It just isn't enough money.

Old 04-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #27
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
quote:
Well, I may be bashed by every resident alcoholic for this, but beer sucks period people. It doesn't even smell good, or maybe that's the American beer I'm thinking of [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I don't know, I think it's all beer. My friend gave me some of what she said was really good stuff and I could hardly get it down... I really don't care for it.[/QUOTE]I think it's all beer too, everyone here says "Oh you'll start out hating it but you'll eventually like it" but let me ask the drinkers this. If it tastes and smells like hell, why keep drinking it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2004, 04:00 PM   #28
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

first off, lay off the american brew... what we export is crap. (yes, budweiser is popular, but only among poor saps who havent had any good stuff). micro breweries make the best beer here, but youre never going to see that on the shelves of another country... most dont even sell it in stores here. my favorite is one called terminator stout (MMM, dark beer rocks). to be completely honest, however, the best imported beer they sell in stores here is guinness, so don't think that americans are wholly impressed with the foreign beers theyve tried... why? because what you guys export is likewise crappy beer.

canada, however, is another story. All they've got there is moose and beer. Canada is like "hey look, eh, theres a moose, eh, lets drink a beer, eh?"
Old 04-17-2004, 05:23 PM   #29
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
quote:
I don't know, I think it's all beer. My friend gave me some of what she said was really good stuff and I could hardly get it down... I really don't care for it.[/QUOTE]I think it's all beer too, everyone here says "Oh you'll start out hating it but you'll eventually like it" but let me ask the drinkers this. If it tastes and smells like hell, why keep drinking it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]If it makes you choke and cough, why do people keep smoking?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:54 PM   #30
Ehrys
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by promethius9594:
first off, lay off the american brew... what we export is crap. (yes, budweiser is popular, but only among poor saps who havent had any good stuff). micro breweries make the best beer here, but youre never going to see that on the shelves of another country... most dont even sell it in stores here. my favorite is one called terminator stout (MMM, dark beer rocks). to be completely honest, however, the best imported beer they sell in stores here is guinness, so don't think that americans are wholly impressed with the foreign beers theyve tried... why? because what you guys export is likewise crappy beer.

canada, however, is another story. All they've got there is moose and beer. Canada is like "hey look, eh, theres a moose, eh, lets drink a beer, eh?"
ROFL!!! Actually, it's really interesting to note who/ what types of people in the social circles drink what types of beer... you'll be surprised. As for the taste of beer, lots of different types available here and sold here (including microbrewery brands)... you should try the raspberry wheat. Tasty. As for moose and beer... well, we do have a beer called "Moosehead" and it's pretty damn good.

Gotta agree with you though... was in Cleveland a couple of years ago... drinking Milwaukee and Bud... gag. American beer sucks.