Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 04:43 PM   #1
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I considered just disappearing, but I care about everyone here too much to do that. I also thought about making up some lame excuse like, "I'm going to be sooo busy that I won't be around for awhile". But that would also be wrong.

After my long absence I returned because I really missed the best group of people on any board anywhere on the net. And for a time my presense seemed to be a positive one. Recently however, My presense has been anything but positive, except in the case of the endearing LadyRae. I have inadvertantly managed to alienate friends (PLURAL), some very dear to me. If that were not grievous enough, I find that in LadyRae's story thread, that my writings have made others feel that they shouldn't post their own.
Even though the effects of my presense haven't been intentionally "Flameworthy or Trollish", the net result has had much the same effect. I have disrupted the harmony of the board, and that is unnacceptable.
Please forgive me!

Traveling to the Temple District, he makes his way to the entrance of the sewers. Lifting the grate, he hangs his head in resignation while making his way to his destination. Once there he sighs heavily as the old Kensai places all his weopons on the ground. Casting a longing look at his old friend the Vorpal Blade, he removes all of his articles of protection and places them on the ground as well. Closing his eyes, he wistfully touches his lips savoring the memory of the sweet of his Lovely Princess LadyRae. Now he can but only Squaring his shoulders, he hurls open the heavy door. Unarmed and unprotected he ventures forth into the Mindflayer's lair, slamming the door behind him..
Forever Smitten by

[This message has been edited by The.Relic (edited 03-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by The.Relic (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 05:21 PM   #2
Draconia

I really wish that you didn't feel this way. I know that I am part of the reason you are feeling this way and I am truly sorry. So many will miss you and will not want you to go. I think that the best thing for this forum is for you to stay. You are not the reason the people will not post their stories. Many feel like their own stories are not as good as someone elses. I myself have started a story but I will not post it. Not because of the reason you think but because I do not feel like my story is not as good as what everyone else has written. I am sure that is how some people feel. Not because of you. I do hope you reconsider and stay. Take Care.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen

[This message has been edited by Draconia (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 05:22 PM   #3
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hey cīmon Relic !! I dont even know what happened, and i have never talked to you, but i cant accept people leaving the board !! Why should you do that ?? Hey man cīmon again and feel free to post !!

cīmon babe light my fire

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-20-2001, 05:30 PM   #4
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Hey Relic,

I know we have never chatted, but us Californians got to stick together with all this diversity around. I haven't been here as long as many, but I do know that everyone here is great. Stick Around! Cmon!

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:30 PM   #5
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Relic, please don't go. You would be the third person we would lose in less than a week. I've never read anybody stories (because I don't have the time). I thought the forum was about accepting people. I would personally enjoy reading anyone's story if I had time, too. You surely have more to contribute than the stories. Don't go! The forum is about more than stories.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-20-2001, 05:34 PM   #6
Draconia

I cannot help but feel like this is my fault. I really can't let you leave. It would crush LadyRae and I know that you really wouldn't want to do that to her. She has already lost Tobbin and she doesn't need another loss in her life. So please, I am begging you, don't leave. My heart is heavy knowing what I have done. I am truly sorry and I will not bother you again.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-20-2001, 05:38 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Relic,
What are you talking about?
I don't follow all the threads, I don't have time, but I see no reason why you should leave - what on earth has happened to make you feel this way? Sorry if I have not read all the background to this.

As far as I can see you have made a positive contribution to the board. Please don't leave.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:47 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Marc, I cant see anyone mad at you. I think theres been some sort of misunderstanding somewhere. Your the nicest person on this board. Period. C'mon Marc, lets go back to the Inn and you can snuggle with LadyRae and I'll even not spike your coffee and shift all the stuff I put on your tab over to hmmm, Leonis' tab. Ok?
Your Friend, Paul

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 06:22 PM   #9
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

i'm happy to pick up the tab LoA.

Relic, i'm only new here but i enjoy your presence. I hope things work out mate.

------------------

i whittled my hours with the boredom knife
and challenged my dreams with idle threats
i smoked strong coffee and read cigarettes
and drank up a cheap book on someone else's life...
Old 03-20-2001, 06:42 PM   #10
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

WHAT?!?!? I don't even have to read to know that it's not best for you or any of us for you to depart!!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
-Resident Corset Loosener and Bard of the OHF