Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 08:42 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I normally get a little daunted by the really long threads, so don't contribute much to them anyway. Sorry 'bout that. I think I said hi to Ladyzekke on Ladyraes thread, and commented on how many pages were in the spammers thread once or twice, and that's about it.

Bugger we lost it, but that's life. Now we know.

Thanks for the work Ziroc, as ever, as always. You Rock Ziroc, you're ruling Huling, you're the man Dan....

------------------
A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-18-2001, 09:31 AM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

see! i knew it! just like i said before... whtll happen if this thread x posts?

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT
Old 03-18-2001, 11:53 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
What caused that thread to become corrupt was WAY to many posts in that thread. From now on, please keep all threads under 500, and cut the spamming down more, I don't want this server to keep losing posts.

I told you guys that it could crap out at a high number of posts in a thread, guess I was right! Ah well, I had to remove the WHOLE thread because it became totally unstable. (I first tried to close it but that didn't work).

UBB Tech's say threads DO become unstable after 500, so it's not a bug or anything.

Hope you understand,

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Not a problem at all, Ziroc. Good thing, I think, as the higher numbers were slow to load anyway. And let's face it, 500 is a whole lot more than the 100 we had to work with on the old board.

Sorry we sent the board into a spiral spin...but we'll watch it from now on!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-18-2001, 12:59 PM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Maybe this explains why I couldn't get in for ages yesterday? And when I finally got here it was really slow (I only have an ordinary 56kbps modem).

Seems to be a lot better today. I have to admit it is hard keeping up with those long threads! Starting new ones when the subject changes is a good way of enabling people to get involved in a conversation they might be interested in.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-18-2001, 02:13 PM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Mine was slow too Epona.
Mind you, the load time for 1 - 3 pages is soooo much quicker for me than the 5 - 9 page monsters. Entire conversations come and go, so I find I can't participate. Oh well.

The plus is the shifting between boards is really quick, and three conversations can be had almost simultaneously.

------------------
A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-18-2001, 04:20 PM   #16
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Aha!
Ok. Well weŽll have to be abit more careful and perhaps start to delete or own threads or close them before they reach critical mass then

Ziroc, one question though, is it the number of posts or the length of the posts inside it?

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-18-2001, 04:33 PM   #17
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Aha!
Ok. Well weŽll have to be abit more careful and perhaps start to delete or own threads or close them before they reach critical mass then

Ziroc, one question though, is it the number of posts or the length of the posts inside it?
I don't think anyone except Moderators and me can close a thread, dunno.. But I do know that each 'page' is 25 posts. it's automatic. When a 26th post is made, a new 'page' is made.

Ziroc

PS: I have increased the number of images from 8 to 20 per post

Old 03-18-2001, 04:54 PM   #18
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Cool !!! 20 images is fine

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-18-2001, 08:47 PM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

PS: I have increased the number of images from 8 to 20 per post

Just don't go overboard with 20 HUGE images...

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-18-2001, 08:48 PM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Aha!

You won't be able to close a thread...just start a new one and link a la the old board.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame