Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-02-2001, 09:51 PM   #1
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alllrighty then.....finally found the darn village, talked to the toad and he sent to me talk to Shini....whatever his name is. I've been swimming around the place but can't find a ladder to get up to the walkway. Add to that that it's pitchdark night out there and that makes it even harder to see. I started to just sit at the bank of the lake for a while wanting to wait for daylight - but it never came. Can anyone tell me how to get up there without wasting more time just swimming in circles??? Thanks!!!
Talos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 09:59 PM   #2
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hiya Talos! When they send you to see Shiniwiki, you should climb down a ladder (or fall down like the rest of us do) and be in some tunnels. From there you will find two ladders up, one of them takes you up to a hut where he is. The ladders are both in the tunnels, but are kinda far apart. If you are swimming around, you must be outside the tunnels. You walk in the tunnels, not swim. Also, you can look at a map on Rick's site here: http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html

Hope this helps you out!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 10:01 PM   #3
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm....actually I didn't fall off - I jumped off LOL I thought I had to swim over there... DUH. Guess I go back to the first place I went and go back up the other ladder?
Old 06-02-2001, 10:30 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Talos, did you go to see a big toad and he recognized you as Ukabu and said you could go see Shinwiki? In that hut where he is and another guard too, is a ladder that goes down into the tunnels I spoke of. Did you find this area? Then once down there, you will have some other ladders to go up and see what is up there, one of these huts has Shinwiki in it. Let us know if you find him, ok?
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 10:46 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

Talos,
Hope you have already had a meeting with Shinwiki (sp?)!
Mammawlin's advice is perfect, I can only add the name of toad-guard - it's Ekbu - you can find your way to shaman by falling down (lol!) the ladder near Ekbu

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 10:24 AM   #6
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks to all of you - I had already talked to Ebku and he sent me to see Shini... As I said, I just jumped off the pier on the lookout for the shaman. Went back and went down the ladder - completed the quest too. Woohoo. Now I got these toad warriors following me all over the lake trying to kill me? So far I've not attacked any of them, I just ignore them and keep going LOL Wouldn't want to piss of the head honcho LOL

Now I am trying to find the serpent cult thingy.... went up and down the river and can't seem to find a clearing to get over there. Do I have to go back into the caves with the oracles? Is there another exit in there that will let me get to the serpent cult people?

*Talos*
Old 06-03-2001, 11:17 AM   #7
andora20
Manshoon

You have to complete the crypt first before you can find the serpent cult crowd.
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:24 AM   #8
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

There are two kinds of toad people. The stupid ones that annoy you with words, and the stupid ones that attack you. If a toad attacks you, he is not one of Shinwiki's group, so you can trash them without fear of upsetting the "good" (I use that term very loosely) toads. Anything that attacks you first is fair game. If they get wasted, it is their own fault for being stupid enough to attack you.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:58 AM   #9
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well now I understand why I can't find the darn serpent temple. I haven't finished the crypt because I can't get out of the darn fire puzzle. I have no crates to push in front of me, pushing the skeletons does nothing (they just move sideways) and going back and forth over the healing fire with my wizard does nothing either. I've charged across the fires at full speed and the gates ALWAYS close before I get through. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish this It's been driving me crazy trying to get the heck out of there.

Are there any other suggestions? I've read through most of the tips on here already and tried them all. Nothing works. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!! AAAAAAAAAAAARGHG!!!!
Old 06-03-2001, 12:39 PM   #10
jlinkk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One of the little icons on the left says "pick up". Pick up a crate from down the hall just carry it back to the gate. If you turn or do something wierd, the crate may become un-attached and youll have to keep picking it up. I dropped my crate just infront of the gate, got a running start pushing the crate just under the gate allowing me to pass through.
jlink
jlinkk is offline   Reply With Quote