Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #1
supercowman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok one question. Why did they take party joinable NPC's out of the game? why didn't they make some Zainy and mysterious stereotypes like in Baldur's Gate. nsc anyone? but was there some reason that they left it up to you to create your band of heroes? I do kind of like this way of doing things so I can have an Ideal party but, to put it bluntly....I miss Boo......
Old 02-16-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

They wanted this game to be different and more along the lines of party creation and development, as opposed to BG were you mainly concentrate and develope a single character. I like to play both for the reasons the games are very different.

[ 02-16-2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:51 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Even in BG you can create your own party.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:18 PM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
True, but then the game loses something but I am not sure what though. For some reason I find it better to create a party with IWD than BG. BG is great but for party creation the game just doen't seem as fun too me.

[ 02-16-2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:30 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
True, but then the game loses something but I am not sure what though. For some reason I find it better to create a party with IWD than BG. BG is great but for party creation the game just doen't seem as fun too me. [/QUOTE]I think that what BG is all about is party interactions,quests.
IWD isn`t that. Actaully everything but that. Sure it has quests but it is more combat oriented.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:11 PM   #6
supercowman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well you see you can only create your party in multiplayer, but you could save it and switch it to a sigleplayer save file, but my point is, is that you get a different feel for each of the games. Like Xen put it, but I do kinda miss the fighting amongst your npc's and the bickering and montaron's every so often, "awww go suck your blade!!!" but IWD is still a freaking awesome game!!!