Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-12-2001, 03:49 PM   #1
Tuor
Elminster

AAAAAAARGH
minor UNDERDARK spoiler

I've just lost the vast majority of the pieces of the equalizer, the gesen bow, the silver sword and crom faeyr because I forgot to take them out of my fighter/mages inventory when I had a magic dual in the tavern in the drow city.

My opponent summoned a nishruu which drained all my artifact pieces as I cut the whining drow mage to pieces.

But the worst thing is I only noticed it had happened after I was back at Cromwell's forge having saved over all my previous game slots so I've lost the items for ever.

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

At least I've learned a valuable lesson-sob
Old 07-12-2001, 03:53 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

My guess - you tried to bring some Drow stuff back from the U/D with you. When a Drow item turns to Adamantine dust it takes up 2 or 3 slots (as opposed to 1 for the original item) in your inventory. Good items are automatically chucked on the floor to make way for the dust. I lost some stuff the same way. Shadowkeeper is your best bet now dude.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-12-2001, 04:03 PM   #3
Tuor
Elminster

Nope didn't take any drow stuff with me I re-equipped my normal stuff before I went into chapter 6. I'm just stupid and should have prepared better before the duels began.....

The worst thing is I only wnated Crom faeyr I could live without the other stuff now my fighter's stuck with 5 proficiencies on war hammer and a crappy +2 hammer. DOH
Old 07-12-2001, 04:20 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Ooh dear. Nishruu are only supposed to steal spells not items. I had Nishruu stealing items from me too originally but the "official BG2 patch" is supposed to have sorted that problem out. (Not sure I've seen a Nishruu since the patch). Anyway, that may be the source of your problem..........dunno.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:39 AM   #5
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Same happened to me lost the girdle of strength to a rather innocuous attack in a forest on my way back to Crowell after the Underark... To be honest I cluaconsoled, 'cos I felt cheated (no patch see), still doesn't make up for it though.....
Old 07-13-2001, 09:49 AM   #6
Waluin

Yep. Sometimes shadowkeeper is the only way to fix stupid mistakes (thus making it my best friend ). Often I just try to grin and bear it, though. I try to keep the game as pure as possible.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-13-2001).]
Old 07-13-2001, 01:55 PM   #7
Vampire

Who summoned Nishruus???
Only in the Slavers HQ did I meet two of these!
Old 07-13-2001, 03:27 PM   #8
Drawde1
The Magister

Nishruus should only "eat" items that have charges and do not recharge each day - wands usually. Each time they hit you they remove random spells from your inventory and drain charges from your wands or other charge-limited items, if an item is drained below 1 charges it disappears. They should never eat non charge-limited items. However in a standard installation of BG2 (even with the official patch) many other items can be eaten by Nishruu, including many quest items and artifact pieces.
The BG2 Fix Pack on the "Baldurdash" website certainly fixes this problem, I don't know whether ToB does.