Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 04:47 PM   #1
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

I ran into him only once and that was near the end is it programmed
that way ? and they were looking for a hammer I believe in the woods.
does Drizzt and his party have anything good on thier persons? and if so
could someone tell me what they are carrying. I think it would be an
interesting battle just to toy with

------------------

Old 06-16-2001, 04:48 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I really wouldnt bother because you dont get to keep the items.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 04:54 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

the meeting is engendered so that you can enlist his help. i believe the devs designed it so that you really can't whoop up on them this time around.
after all, y'all already did that in bg1 and had your bit of fun.

this time, you get the experience of fighting at his side. personally, i found that way more cool than stealing his stuff, like some common brigand. *smiles*

V***V

Old 06-16-2001, 05:50 PM   #4
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

pfft ya right, I whooped the sissy elf. Hate the guy Now Wulfgar..theres a man.
Old 06-16-2001, 06:12 PM   #5
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

They don't really have any great stuff, Drizzts scimitars are good, but there are just as good weapons in the game.
Just use them to help you against the vampires, or kill them for experience, doesn't matter to me.
Old 06-16-2001, 06:57 PM   #6
Entreri
Manshoon

Wulfgar a man ?? Who do you think Did trained him at battle ? They have great items I say, The only +3 scimetars in the game and a bow that don't need missiles is good. The +4 mithrill mail also but still, spoiler*
That Damn Harpel will get them back a little while after you steal them. Just fight them just to see if you are strong anough doing it.

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 06-16-2001, 11:36 PM   #7
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yes there are some good weapons there, and some nice armor, but one, you don't get to keep most of them so why get them at all?
2nd, other armor is comparable to the mithril mail (which is good, but others are just as good), the bow is nice, but there is another exact same bow, or even better bows about, the Wulfgar +3 warhammer is great, but Crom Faeyr is mightly better, and a +2 warhammer/+1 electrical is almost as good.
The scimitars I consider the only real treasure on them. +3 and +5 scimitars, there are some other weapons of that catagory, most are only +2 with special powers though. But Like I said, you can't keep them.
I don't know why they don't let you keep them, You can have a +5 holy avenger sword with magic resistance/extra damage, or you can have +5 Crom Faeyr with strength boosting and more, but you can't keep the +3 and +5 defender scimitars?
Any reason why other than roleplaying? Just have someone create these items for you with the editor. Thats what I would do, so you can actually have some decent weapons. I'm sure you will have just as good if not better when throne of Baal comes out.
Old 06-17-2001, 06:12 AM   #8
samoza
The Magister

And the guy looking for his hammer, is their anyway of actually finding this hammer and giving it to him for a bit of exp?
Old 06-17-2001, 06:26 AM   #9
Rolzi_69
The Magister

In the first game I never battled against Drizzt?!
Im unsure of what quest I did or did not but I would still never defeat such a hero!!!!
And what is with that horribly annoying woman that keeps firing arrows at me when I coincide with them near Athkatla!!!!
Old 06-17-2001, 08:23 AM   #10
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Don't bother fighting the guy, just pickpocket him and his firm for some nifty items, you need to be very fast and have at least two people, preferably three that can pickpocket people. The items I received were -

2 X Longsword +2 +1 cold damage.
Aegis Fang Warhammer +3.
Ring of invisibility.
Potion of extra healing X 13.
Potion of Speed X 3.
Potion of Stone giant strength X 2.
Ruby pendant.
Jade ring.

The potions come in batches, not as single items. Hope it helps

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.