Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 04:14 PM   #1
rodimus
The Magister

I beat the game!!!
Spoiler!
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
I just think Melissan is a little too easy (just like Jon Irenicus)! The toughest opponent in the game was Draconis I think, even not Demogorgon. Now Im a little sad, cause I think I made it through the best two games ever. Hope NWN will be worth playing. Until September I will do beating once more first Jons and then Melissans ass!!!
rodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 04:46 PM   #2
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by rodimus:
Now Im a little sad, cause I think I made it through the best two games ever. Hope NWN will be worth playing.
Word
Waluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 07:23 PM   #3
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Many people thought Draconis was the toughest, but I had a lot more trouble with Balthazar...

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 01:19 AM   #4
rodimus
The Magister

Balthazar??? Hmmm, he didn't do anything when I fought him. Hadn't even to cast a single spell. Just whack him away...
Old 07-17-2001, 06:37 AM   #5
Floraowe
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by rodimus:
Balthazar??? Hmmm, he didn't do anything when I fought him. Hadn't even to cast a single spell. Just whack him away...
Me, too. He put up a pretty good fight, but overall I found Balthazar to be the easiest of the five. I didn't have too much trouble with Draconis either (ie only five reloads), but Melissan really whipped me. It took me an entire weekend (more or less) to finish her off. The great thing is, different party composition probably has a lot to do with it, giving a pretty good replayability score
Floraowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 09:08 AM   #6
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Floraowe:
Me, too. He put up a pretty good fight, but overall I found Balthazar to be the easiest of the five. I didn't have too much trouble with Draconis either (ie only five reloads), but Melissan really whipped me. It took me an entire weekend (more or less) to finish her off. The great thing is, different party composition probably has a lot to do with it, giving a pretty good replayability score
*possible spoiler? someone complained earlier*
Agreed. For me it was over almost before it began.
Old 07-17-2001, 09:13 AM   #7
Entreri
Manshoon

Draconis the toughest? Damn, My friend said that too and saw him about 2 hours trying to kill him, And qhen it was my turn, I did not even now he was standing there waiting and I killed him the 1rst time .. Was not tough for me, Korgan with Cromfyer and me Figh-mage with Staff of Magi. Double high wirlwind attack on him and He died.

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Entreri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:26 AM   #8
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Entreri:
Double high wirlwind attack on him and He died.
Yeah,whirlwind defeats bosses way too easily/quickly. Well, its not TOO easy, but easy enough that I think its somewhat unbalanced in melee's favor. Hmm...maybe I'm wrong. Maybe its an edge that the player needs that I just cant see. All I know is, is that watching Keldorn with +6 holy sword on greater whirlwind is like BUTTAH

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-17-2001).]
Old 07-17-2001, 11:07 AM   #9
rodimus
The Magister

Thats the problem with all the +5 or +6 weapons. My character (half-orc) double-wields crom-faeyr and runehammer +5. With his now 247 HP, any other enemy gets down, then sarevok with gram sword of grief and his death assault (I killed the ravager very quick!) and then Korgan with Axe of Unyielding and Angurvadal +5 no enemy is really hard. Perhaps soloing will be more of a challenge. Anybody has experience on soloing???
Old 07-18-2001, 06:47 AM   #10
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey all, I just beat the game too. And yes, I fully agree, the BG series are the best games I've EVER played. Although, I must say, despite the better graphics, the more variety ect, Baldurs Gate 1 was the greatest game I have EVER played. I remember the first time I played it. It was something so new to me. It was so immersive. It was one of the greatest feelings to play it. I loved it. I just got so attached.

BG2 was great, don't get me wrong, but IMO, it will never and has never given me such a sensational feeling as BG1 did.

Anyway, that aside. I would have liked a bigger ending in ToB. I mean it was alright, but it wasn't a WOW kind of ending. I think that to finish off the series they should have made a really WOW kind of ending. Speaking of endings, I have a question about the BG2 ending relating to ToB. In the BG2 ending, who did those robed figures sitting around the circular table end up being? Were they fellow Bhaalspawn?

Something I was happy about though in the ToB ending was my relationship with Jahera. I ended up opting for the "stay mortal" route, and me and Jahera lived happily ever after(aaaaawwwwww, how sweet). Oh yeah, that brings up another question about endings. If you go into "Movies" after you finish it, the two end movies are named something like "Final movie one", but the other one is named "Final Movie three"(not sure if the words are "Final movie", but thats not the point). Is there a Final Movie two aswell? If so, how do you get that one?

Anyway, that also aside, I agree with the opinion that Melissan was easy. Seriously, I found the Demorgorgan way harder(mind you I was a much lower level and had bodge equip at that stage, but still). The hardest foe would be a toss-up between Draconis and the Demogorgan for me. I know lots of people are saying the Demogorgan was easy, but I failed so many times in trying to beat him. Mind you, once I changed my stradegy, I killed him in like 30 secs.

Draconis was also very difficult. As for Balthazar, I thought he was easy. I had to reload once because he did some spell that killed one of my fighters straight away, but the next time I just walked all over him, same stradegy. But yeah, i was quite suprised at how easy Melissan was. None of my chars were even CLOSE to dieing, basically unharmed.

Anyways, enough rambling from me already,
Cheers

------------------
so i dub thee UnForGiven...
UnForGiven is offline   Reply With Quote