Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-27-2002, 04:35 PM   #1
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

I'm watching a program on Bravo about the moon landing. For ages now I have said that the moon landing was a hoax. Now my family believe me... THEY WILL LISTEN WHEN I RAMBLE NOW!
For one the American flag was waving even though there is no air (thus no wind) on the moon.
No one had the equipment to deal with the amount of radiation on the moon at that time. If that was so, Chernobyl would have been cleaned up a lot faster. You could say the American's didn't want to help an enemy clean up but the melt down effected some places in Britain.
There were no stars in the sky. Don't say they were behind the clouds... cause I would have to laugh at your ignorance... or stupidity... or your total lack of a good sense of humour.
There was no blast pit under the lander. The moon has a sandy surface so it would have been blown around.
Finally when they were landing on the moons surface there was no noise apart from the astronauts voices. This saggests that the lander was lowered down on ropes.
This was all the same for all the other 6 moon landings.
Does anyone have any theories? Or am I just mad?
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:39 PM   #2
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Hmmm, Interesting. About The Noise Though, How Could There Be Sound With No Air For It To Travel Through. Or Am I Just Being Stupid?
Old 02-27-2002, 04:40 PM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

My God, congratulations. You've convinced me, but I would like to see the footge again before I come to a conclusion. But if you're right then how come no one has noticed before?
Old 02-27-2002, 04:49 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Question: What does it matter whether man landed on the Moon or not? That you'll be able to say: "The government tricked us, they're probably hiding the existence of aliens as well."?
Old 02-27-2002, 04:53 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Question: What does it matter whether man landed on the Moon or not? That you'll be able to say: "The government tricked us, they're probably hiding the existence of aliens as well."?

Yes. D'ya reckon Area 51 Exsists??
I Would Also Have To See It Again Before Making My Mind Up Fully
Old 02-27-2002, 04:54 PM   #6
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Beaumanoir, you are not being stupid your question is valid, but I can answer it. The engines would have been powerful enough to shake the cabin thus making vibration. The cabin has air in it so we should be able to hear the sound.
Sigmar I think many people have noticed before but no one really listens to conspiracy theorists (more commonly known as "people who think to much"). I think most people think its easier to listen to what the majority think. But me, I look for my own answers.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:59 PM   #7
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

I'm really glad you asked that Neb. It was oftern thought that the first counrty who landed on the moon would will the cold war. Americans feared if the Russians go there first they would build a nuclear siklo on the moon. Baring in mind juring the cold war the USSR and the USA were bitter enemies and anything that one side had that the other side didn't was a minor victory. At the time the Russian space program was much better than the American one.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:00 PM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Al:

I'm really glad you asked that Neb. It was oftern thought that the first counrty who landed on the moon would will the cold war. Americans feared if the Russians go there first they would build a nuclear siklo on the moon. Baring in mind juring the cold war the USSR and the USA were bitter enemies and anything that one side had that the other side didn't was a minor victory. At the time the Russian space program was much better than the American one.

I think you misunderstood my question, rather, it should have been: "What does it matter to us at the moment?"
Old 02-27-2002, 05:01 PM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Oh 'Phew'.

Hmm, I Suppose That The Air In The Cabin Would Make Noise Wouldn't It. But, It Would Be hard To Pull Off Such A Huge 'Fraud'.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:05 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes we did and this is one of the lamest"conspiracy" theories out there as far as I'm concerned!

May as well ask, Does Neb spam? Does Sazerac hate oatmeal cookies? Does Choc look cool? Does Cloudy like purple? Does the Genie joke? Does Galadria make cool dinners?

Heh..we'd get more mileage, methinks!

But I do think this one is out there,so I can see why you posted it. Still, I can't see trying to disprove it here.. good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy