Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-12-2001, 01:06 PM   #11
UserFriendly

Daystar is actually a +2 weapon thac0...so to hit high level liches you need a +4 weapon or better, I think. That's why holy avenger is so nasty against liches. the real bonus of daystar is the sunray, and it is very effective against mummys and vampires. I personally prefer azuredge for range combat ability.

Warning (semi spoiler)

if you use sunray against a bunch of undead while you have skeleon warriors summoned, the character that holds daystar will turn red, and the rest of your party will attack. that's because the sunray will also damage the allies of your party, the undead skeleton warriors!!!

Old 01-12-2001, 02:20 PM   #12
Cleric
Welcomed New User

Sun Ray is A level 7 priest Spell.
Old 01-13-2001, 04:44 AM   #13
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks guys,

The point about stoneskin may be it?.
I'll keep it for Sunray anyway.
Old 01-13-2001, 01:02 PM   #14
G.W.

It actually should be a +4 weapon (+4 to hit, +4 damage) against evil so it should be able to hit the baddest of liches.

Old 01-14-2001, 12:28 AM   #15
The-Shark

The "weapon ineffective" message is probably because the Lich cast a Mantle or Improved Mantle on himself, which the big chicken----- are always doing (If they've got Stoneskin or Mirror Image, it only says that you've hit, there's no damage dealt except elemental damage [fire, cold, lightning, ect.]). Try using the Mace of Disruption on Lich and Vampire spellcasters, because it's Disrupt Undead ability works even if it fails to inflict damage.

I don't know about anyone else, but Azuredge never seemed to work for me. It would hit enemies and damage them, but it's only special ability seemed to be that it returned to my hand. My character never got a THACO or damage bonus from it. Weird, ain't it? (Maybe I should get the patch)

Old 10-30-2001, 12:27 PM   #16
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wow...Azuredge sounds like a pretty cool weapon. Where can I find it?

My main character is a Wizard Slayer who is specialized in the axe and 2-hand sword. I have a couple of "Axes of Throwing" already, but I'm always happy to find more.

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2001, 01:30 PM   #17
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
The "weapon ineffective" message is probably because the Lich cast a Mantle or Improved Mantle on himself,
Both of those would still make him vulnerable to a +4 weapon.

Daystar is only a +2 weapon. It happens to have some extra bonuses against specific enemies, but that doenst change the fact that it is a +2 weapon.

I personally didnt mind much, I never liked any enemy specific weapons in any AD&D game that I played with the exception of one weapon back in the origional Pool of Radiance. I would often rather just have 1 multi-purpose weapon, than have 4 different weapons each designed for a different kind of enemy.
Old 11-16-2001, 05:18 PM   #18
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Daystar is Ordinarily a +2 weapon, BUT IT IS +4 vs. EVIL CREATURES. This means that it is considered a +4 weapon to hot monsters. It also does double damage vs. Undead.
BTW- Most (if not all) monsters u fight in this game are of evil allignment. This means that it is considered a +4 weapon not +2.
And it does dounle damage vs. Undead
Old 11-16-2001, 09:31 PM   #19
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

people should really stop guessing if theyre not positive of their answers. newbies have a hard enough time without getting bad info from "experienced" gamers...

---

daystar is always considered +2 for what it can hit; the +4 to THAC0 vs undead is just that: a better chance to hit, not the ability to hit things that need +3 or better.

the mace of disruption, otoh, is only +2 to THAC0 and dmg but is always considered +4 for what it can hit.

since both deal with undead and have different +'s for THAC0 and targeting, i can see where the confusion comes from.
Old 11-16-2001, 09:39 PM   #20
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Wow...Azuredge sounds like a pretty cool weapon. Where can I find it?

My main character is a Wizard Slayer who is specialized in the axe and 2-hand sword. I have a couple of "Axes of Throwing" already, but I'm always happy to find more.

Thanks.

Azuredge is always for sale at the Copper Coronet in The Slums(Price depends on Charisma and Party Reputation}
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society