Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
dragonslayer
Manshoon

ooh lol i was wrong when i thought the battle squares would be a walk in the park for my lvl 17 fighter dual wielding +3 and +4 swords with 27 armour [img]smile.gif[/img]

hahaha, lvl one has me fighting for my life against air elementals, earth elementals and greater zombie lords...the easiest ive fought halfway through lvl 1 is am abishai...whom i managed to kill without suffering a hit...

but to get through getting 4 squares took me down to drinking pots to stay alive...and i wonder what kind of dragons and demons they will have me fighting on later stages...!? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

you'll probably need a weapon that can do bludgening damage.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:30 AM   #3
dragonslayer
Manshoon

nope, didn't use my flail even once...it was actually very easy to do with an armour class of 33...killed those gelugons and other demons with easy, just tried getting demons and not elder elementals...

now with an armour class of 38 i'm basically invincible [img]smile.gif[/img] , just overnight after i started using expertise and those bracers with +5 non-magical bonus [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 04:13 AM   #4
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Hmmm i wonder where you go the bracers +5. Must have missed that one. BUt i found out while trying to complete each level of the squares that if i put all my characters outside of the squares and just put my barbarian inside talking to the golem, my characters outside, dont get sent out from the area into the next room locked. So even though my barabarian was hurt, all i had to do was rent out from the room and then have my healer heal me then run back in again. Also my mage came in handy when there were higher level creatures to kill. I just positioned here outside of the room but at the door way and cast varies spells. It works. But becareful usually the golem will know that you are doing that and some , but not all your characters will be teleported into the next room.
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 04:15 AM   #5
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Sorry spelling error. It was meant to be "run" not "rent".
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:54 AM   #6
dragonslayer
Manshoon

well...those +5 bracers you get in wandering village, i just added something not about battlesquares there...you get them from the avarine decanter djinn, or whatever he is, just don't use any of his wishes, but instead set him free immediately, nice i say
Old 01-13-2003, 01:29 PM   #7
DavidL
Dungeon Master

How in the WORLD do you get an armor calss of 38...? (Much less 27.) Please note, though, that I'm killing goblins in teh palisades. I just started. Any good stuff to look forward to in the next chapter?

Also, I'm having trouble raising money. Sacking dead goblins is slow-going...
DavidL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 06:41 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

say dragonslayer, are you playing HOF mode? I swear I didn't find any +5 bracer in normal mode.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:07 AM   #9
koz-ivan
Manshoon

the bracers are a "bonus merchant" item.

yadda yadda item spoil...

nym sells a genie bottle (avarine decanter) now the genie runs his own shop w/ some items, but you can free the genie before shopping, presto - you get +5 ac bracers that (even better) stack w/ most other armour (ie generic bonus) and saints be praised get even better w/ hof...
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote