Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2003, 05:52 AM   #31
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I think that a certain guy in Chicago is going through a pretty rough period now. Oh man... what was he thinking ?
Come now johnny - they aren't dead yet . My hopes of a Bears v Sox series is lookin kinda slim but. I do expect the Bears to emerge from hibernation with Wood pitching game 7, but in the big show they will be playin them damn Yankees . [/QUOTE]They may be Cubs but I don't think they are Bears yet. That's a whole other ball game!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-15-2003, 06:51 AM   #32
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Doh - I must be having a blonde moment .

Ducks and runs before the wrath of fair haired people everywhere.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #33
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Talk about a momentum shift. Everyone in town is down today. Every radio announcer talking billy goat curses and fate. TV news announcers all down and out. I admit, it did seem that the planets aligned against the cubbies last night in Inning 8. But to me, it just means that fate intended the Cubs win in Game 7, not game 6.

Prior simply stayed in too long. The [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] fan [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] was a fool, but look -- that was only 2 runs. OUT OF EIGHT!!! It was a farse, a mathematical impossibility. It was so laughably over-the-top that you just gotta shrug your shoulders and say okay, next game. And, those who will mention "momentum" when blaming the dunce-fan, I say pfffft -- tell the Marlins about how momentum can't be changed.

Oh, well, I simply think
YOU GOTTA BELIEVE.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:36 AM   #34
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Doh - I must be having a blonde moment .

Ducks and runs before the wrath of fair haired people everywhere.
Stay with cricket dude.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:24 PM   #35
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/cubfan1.html

OCTOBER 15--Meet Steve Bartman. He's the poor 26-year-old Chicago Cubs fan who last night got his hands on that foul ball headed for outfielder Moises Alou's mitt. Bartman, who attended the University of Notre Dame, works for a Chicago-area consulting firm and serves as coach for a local youth baseball program. We wanted to speak with Bartman about last night's incident, but he did not return messages left on his office voicemail. And when we dialed Bartman up at his apartment--about three miles from Wrigley Field--we got a recorded message saying that his number had been disconnected. Which is probably not a bad idea.

Old 10-15-2003, 08:43 PM   #36
Lioness
Jack Burton

I'm with you Davros, Cubs-Sox, let's go. Not looking too bad from my point of view now, not at all.

(Bring it Johnny, BRING IT. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

"Red Sox: Better sports than you since 1918."
Old 10-16-2003, 12:09 AM   #37
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Cubs lose. Oh well, there's always the next year, or two... or 58.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:30 AM   #38
Donut
Jack Burton

Everybody in the house do the Bartman!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-16-2003, 09:18 AM   #39
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Gotta hand it to the Cubs. They are the most consistent team in baseball.
What I mean to say is FRIK! FRIK!FRIK! FRIKKing Frik Frikers!
Old 10-16-2003, 10:11 AM   #40
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hard luck TL - it's an Aussie tradition to barrack for the underdogs so I was barrackin for your Cubbies. Man I wouldn't want to be that Bartman dude right about now - he must feel sick. Mind you, financially he would be sitting pretty. An auction for the baseball that he caught - the Billy Goat Curse Ball would fetch him a pretty penny I would reckon. The late night chat shows must also be beating a path to his door with wide open cheque books to have him explain what was going through his mind at the time.