Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 01-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #1
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Alright, I would like to make this one run as smoothley as posible, with some help of Larry, it should move along quickly so here's the story line.

You are in Menzoberrazan,City of Spiders.You all belong to a secret house that would like to see the current structure of things fall. Like in the war of the spider queen, there will be a journey through the Underdark with your companions. The ultimate objective, well, my little secret.
You will all belong to different low level houses,but are all apart of the same secret house. I'll have to talk to Larry before posting stats and whatnot.Let me know if you interested now so I know how big to make this.

Name:

Melee:
Ranged:
Magic:

Constitution:
agility:

You'll have 22 points to spend on these. Use them carefully

[ 01-14-2006, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

As much as I would like to join, I'm afraid I must decline. I'm afraid that I'm in too many games already and... *glances at the PG13 rating* I'm afraid that I don't believe that a drow game can be run (or accurately portrayed/roleplayed) without a mature rating (due to the very nature of the race and the torturous practices they use). Well such references to torture need not be graphic, simply by placing them there I don't believe it is PG13 or Family Orientated material. Not to mention references to more… intimate relationships Drow share with one another. I also don’t feel that the sheer amount of violence, backstabbing, betrayal and manipulation is very suitable either, which no doubt such a game would include. The setting itself is darker by nature than many of the other games here and as such, I would question just how suitable it is.

Given how fine a line this is, it can easily be crossed – and I think that such material is best left for books, films and possibly games. But that’s just me. I wish you luck with this.

[ 01-12-2006, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Thank you, though i assure you that nothing will get out of hand, i've read and understand the RPG policy here. Violent, yes, nothing sexual or whatnot will happen however, well, not in the large way you think, a little flirting here and there. Besides, this is a male run only thing. No female drow will be in this party.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

And that's exactly why I don't believe its an accurate portrayal of Drow Society and why I wouldn't want to join .

Anyway, hopefully you'll get some players soon.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Just a question and open to be answered by anyone.
How many females will willingly run away? Anyone?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

depends, if they happen to worship any other deity than Lolth (yes using the surface spelling) like Ghaunadar, Ellistraee, or even the human goddess Shar (like the drow chick in BG2) Those religions are all "underground" (if you'll pardon the expression) and while not nonexistant they are completely hidden, and a female of such a religion would definitely want to leave. Then there's also females who aren't priests, and yes there are a few, mostly in houses that specialize in wizardly magic for offense and defense as opposed to clerical magic, while important and of high status in the city, they are definitely looked down upon by the clerics. There are also those who lack clerical ability or the intelligence to be a magic user, they are more likely to turn to the fighting/thieving arts (becoming one, the other, or both). In fact in the 2nd ed Menzoberranzen game I'm currently running tabletop that is the situation with the house wizard (House Vandree) she's a wild mage and of great status, but still gets looked down upon, even by the male priest (although he walks a fine line).

Give me a bit of time to get current games settled into a pattern and I'll see if I have time to join in.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #7
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

So, Morgeruat, you want to join?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Like I said I've got a few projects upin the air atm, starting up a Hunter the Reckoning PBP on another forum, two LoF games here, Dplax's new RP, and 2 jobs (20-30 hours on top of the 40 hour day job), once things settle into a routine, maybe.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I would like to either start or not start by next month so if anyone wants to join......
Old 01-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

As I said, I'd love to join, but schools starting up again, and I'll have to crack down on the studying or get marks like I had this last semester. I might be able to join once it's winding down in June, depending on what I'm doing with work and stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote