Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-22-2000, 12:36 AM   #1
Laurence
Welcomed New User

Yes, I too had lots of problems trying to give things.
I think I've now worked outwhats been happening to me.
Eg I would click on give/use to give a toad a potion,
scroll down to the potion, it would say USE in blue letters
so I'd try clicking on the blue Give, and the potion would
disappear from the parchment scroll, to be replaced by a
bag of gold.
Oh no, clicking there USED it and it's gone!
Quit reload. But actually, I think it was reloading the
items/inventory list to show all things that could be
GIVEN, and it was just a case of scrolling back down
to the item I wanted again - in GIVE mode.
To Ctrl-click the target to GIVE it).
Hope this helps you!
Walking in circles - well, the monster pathfinding AI is not very good, neither is your own eg when click on a chest and not QUITE close enough - you'll walk round in circles most of the time as well!
Old 10-22-2000, 09:55 AM   #2
Zorkian

Just starting and Mekawa (toad near lake) won't take the toad potion...and the brother in the crypt isn't interested in the rat pie I offer him. I'm playing in easy mode. What am I doing wrong?
Also what is the purpose of the "on my way" when a character runs around in circles? Please help this old lady (just turned 80!) Thanks in advance

Old 10-22-2000, 11:53 AM   #3
T-Rex

When attempting to give anything to NPC's, make sure you are close enough to them and make sure you "give" the item to them. If giving does not work, try to "use" the item on them. Mekawa took the potion from me, but did not give anything in return. I personally found the Toad Village quest to be somewhat worthless.

When a character says "on my way," he/she is attempting to manuever in order to get to whatever or do whatever you asked them to do. Most of the time when this has happened to me, it was because my characters could not get to the object or do whatever I asked them to do. So, try repositioning your character closer to the object or item and try utilizing them again.

I am playing in normal mode, so easy mode may have some flaws in the game that I am not aware of. Hope this helps!