Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-06-2006, 01:31 AM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Guys,

Thought I would share this with you. A Horde Guild on a PvP server were holding a funeral for one of their guilds characters (the girl had died in real life). A Alliance Guild caught wind of this and decided to raid the funeral since it was being held in a PvP Zone.

The video below shwos the actions

Click here

What do you all think ?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:15 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I think they should have held it in a non-pvp zone. Kids don't know respect, Games don't work well for RL issues. I don't mean to sound insensitive and I understand a guilds need to support someone but on a pvp server in a pvp zone is just asking for the inevitable kiddy-band to come knocking.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:25 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

its pretty simple.. hope the guild got bad rep out of it. thats lower than anything ive seen ever. i mean.. raiding someones funeral? (who really died in RL?) Very low indeed.

edit: spelling.. ugh!

[ 04-06-2006, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:16 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

What sickens me is looking at this guilds' site how they are bragging about it! I hate punks man..they ruin online games. There should be like an IQ test before you buy a game or somethin.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:20 AM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

As much as I would like to say that's sick, they were on a PvP server, what did they expect?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:35 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes, I feel the same. It angers me to see 'em boast about it though. Their guild is attracting more people because of this! *groan*
Old 04-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I actually think Blizz should suspend the whold guilds' accounts for 3 months.

F*#(ing children.

RL should come before the game. Here, the members at the funeral were using the game as an interface to have what was... really.... a RL ceremony to commemorate a loss.

The faux ally mourners who showed up were the worst of the low. Getting cheap footage for the video. The attendees should have killed on sight.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #8
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

This is the same type of thing that happens to a friend of mine IG. He runs a tavern in Stormwind, which horde frequently visit.

Getting passed the guards is no problem, it's the people who kill them as they sit, wearing shirt and trousers, drinking ale, unarmed, claiming it's "roleplay".

Yes they should have not held it in a PVP zone, but that is out of order for the alliance, especially if they bragged about it, AND knew it was a funeral too.

Scum.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I'm not surprised, if people are willing to disrupt funerals in real life over the war then I don't see why it wouldn't happen over the internet.

I actually saw something like that happen in another mmorpg about 5-6 years ago. Apparently someone died, but it was vague some people thought it was true, other thought the guy just quit and decided to fake his death. The people thinking it was true made an ingame funeral and the other group ame over and disrupted it.

I don't think there's a need to insult these people, they did so themselves. They caused pain to mourners by mocking the deceased. I don't see anything I could add to describe them that would be worse than that, and they'd like being insulted anyway.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #10
Glycerine_74
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
What sickens me is looking at this guilds' site how they are bragging about it! I hate punks man..they ruin online games. There should be like an IQ test before you buy a game or somethin.
An "Adults Only" server would be nice. You'd have to provide some form of ID to prove you were over 21, no game cards allowed, and "leet speak" would result in an instant kick/ban. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Blizzard is notorious for attracting the lowest common denominator of players and it's been that way since Battle.net and the original Diablo.

Glycerine
Glycerine_74 is offline   Reply With Quote