Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2002, 12:05 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Which is it? I know crossbows have a higher chance to hit than that over the bow, but the bow does provide more damage. On the other hand, throwing stars/knives are about the only ranged weapon you never have to repair. I personally believe that the throwing weapons are the best, although they are usually hard to come by and you cannot buy them in bulk (as in 100 at a time). What do you all think?
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 11:20 PM   #2
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I saw a dwemer crossbow in one of the dwemer ruins inside the ghostgate. The damage rating is 30-30 (or 40-40, I can't remember). Even if it is 30-30, I think it should be better than the average bow.

One thing I want to ask, can you recover throwing knives/stars from dead bodies?
Old 06-18-2002, 02:28 AM   #3
Avenstar
Dungeon Master

Most items you find in chests inside Dwemer ruins are random, this includes steel kegs. Most locked chests can drop Dwemer armor, weapons, artifacts, and gems.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:22 AM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Even if it is 30-30, I think it should be better than the average bow.
I've seen bows that do 1-50 damage. This crossbow is better, but the maximum damage of that of the bow is greater, just not the chance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
One thing I want to ask, can you recover throwing knives/stars from dead bodies?
Yes, they work just like arrows. Another reason I prefer throwing knives/stars is that they weigh close to nothing. Well probably not, but they weigh at least the same amount as that of arrows or bolts, but without the added weight of a bow or crossbow. The variety of them is cheaper compared to the arrows as well, as in silver throwing stars cost less than silver arrows.

[ 06-18-2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 04:25 PM   #5
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

spoiler
if you want glass throwing stars there are an actual total of 16 in the game 4 of them can be found on the bed of a soldier located in ald ruhn.
you go into the big shell housing complex and go into the venim manor. in the fighters bunk you have to steal something actually 2 things. one of them i wont tell you. but one of them is the 4 stars.
you have to sneak them to get them. not to hard though you get a little cover when the guards make their runs.

each star is worth 500 a piece and has mediaocre enchant lvl.

enjoy
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote