Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 02:05 AM   #1
magnetism
Manshoon

Jeezze,

I just wanted to know if I was to low a lvl for planar sphere or should I be able to do the quest with my current party?
Old 11-15-2001, 03:08 AM   #2
Jan

No you didn't offend any. People just didn't find you question interesting (I Guess). It happens sometimes.

As for the planar Spheer I'll say gain some more levels. I've played the game once. Not familliar with roleplaying. I found it difficult in the Planar Spheer so I did other quests and gained more exp before going in.

Just my idea.

Old 11-15-2001, 08:06 AM   #3
Ugaya
Manshoon

SPOILERS

I think the answer depends not only on the experience of your party but on your available spells.
If you have Breach and Haste you will finish them quickly. Cloudkill also works great. Try silence (have it memorized two/three times).
Have you tried hiding your thief and backstabbing. At least the second mage will be killed by a successful backstab.
If you close the door, they won't come after you (one of the major flaws of SoA's AI), so you can try backstabbing several times.
Old 11-15-2001, 11:43 AM   #4
magnetism
Manshoon

Thanks for the advice. I prolly shouda kep Nalia, my two lvl3 spells are not cutting the mustard. Well I will use my better scrolls and wands to get though this and not make this mistake next time.

That "Tobligias" one on the right casts true sigh when someone opens the door kinda prohibits backstab.
Old 11-15-2001, 11:48 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

You can get around Truesight in two ways:
The cheesy way is to walk in, and flee when he casts the spell. Wait until it runs out, and go back in. Repeat a couple of times and he runs out of them.
The not-cheesy approach is to get the cloak of non-detection and give it to your thief.

And personally, I'd pick Jan over Nalia any day (or even Aerie for that matter [img]smile.gif[/img] )
I think doing some other quests first is the best approach in the end, though.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-15-2001, 11:50 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Cloak/Spell of Non-Detection will help your Thief against the True Sight.

Somebody's entering the room! *casts True Sight*

Ah yer being paranoid again. It was most probably just the wind.

No! I swear I heard footsteps!

Rightttt, and where is this bogeyman of yours then?

*whisper* Just behind you sticking a knife through your neck.

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!

AHHHH!!!!