Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 02-02-2001, 02:09 PM   #1
SoulHarvester

We're playing on a LAN here. On my machine, all the "special textures" I would call them, especially layered, such as Candlelight, blood spots, the big purple light in level 8, the steam or whatever from killing skeletons, the fairy the comes out of the water for the snake quest... all that too me looks like 1-Color big blocky ugly triangles or squares. Blood spots look like red triangles, the light from torches looks like 2 orange flatboxes forming a T type of shape.. Whereas on my cousins machine it appears nice, the way it should... i.e. candlelight covers the wall in fading light, blood spots look like blood spots and not arrows leading in the way you ran. My monitor is a Dell Trinitron, 800x600 resolution, 32-bit and 16-bit color depth, with a NVidia Riva 128zx card. I tried messing with DirectX settings as well as 128zx settings, nothing helped at all. Please help?? I ran it in both AGP and PCI mode, neither worked, again. It was especially hard during the 4 crystals / poisoned lady quest, because I couldn't see the last pillar (it was suppose to be a nice purple light on it), it looked more like a huge chunky purple pillar, totally obstructing the stand for the crystal (not see through)

AHH HELP! I love the game, but it straight sucks to have a lot of the lighting textures look like crapola and all the "blood and gore" effects look like a 2nd graders building blocks.