Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2001, 02:40 PM   #1
Lucre
Elminster

Yesterday i decide to roleplay LoTR and decided to use 6 of The Nine that set out from Rivendell: Main Character : Frodo Baggins, thief, short sword, halfling,
Aragorn, ranger, bow and long sword, human
Gimli, beserker, axe, doublewield, dwarf
Gandalf, mage (illusionist maybe?), quarterstaff, human
Boromir, barbarian/ fighter, two handed swords, human
Legolas, archer, long bow, elf.

Any thoughts of changes? Or anything.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:51 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Nice, maybe you should have made Frodo a swashbuckler though.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:41 PM   #3
norompanlasolas

mmmhhh... sounds ok but these 3 should be imho,

Gimli, beserker, axe, doublewield, dwarf... should be a pure fighter though, but to add more fun its ok to play berseker
Gandalf, mage (illusionist maybe?), quarterstaff, human... pure mage
Boromir, barbarian/ fighter, two handed swords, human... pure fighter or cavalier (although should go down later, he)
Old 11-28-2001, 04:25 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Lucre, how dare you suggest Boromir would be a barbarian! The proud men of Gondor frown in disapproval. A Cavalier would fit better with his self-righteous attitude, maybe. The problem with putting LotR in BG is that nobody wore any real armor except Gimli and Frodo. Maybe you could hack them so they can't wear anything better than Chain, but their naturally better AC makes up for it. I think Frodo should have a higher-than-normal CON, too, and Gandalf's WIS should be through the roof. He seems more like an Invoker to me. And Legolas' points should be put into Small Sword, not Large. Frodo shouldn't have much fighting ability at all--the goal of the Fellowship was speed & steath.

I wonder if anyone's hacked a One Ring that grants Invisibility (and slowly drains your WIS), but you can be seen by any enemy that can only be hit my magical weapons
Old 11-28-2001, 06:08 PM   #5
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

Gimli used a two handed battle axe. They could have used bracers. I agree with Gandalf being an Invoker (the battle he had on Weathertop with the wraiths seemed to consist of many lightning bolts); but, he must have dualed to or from druid because of the summoning of the equilivent of a king of air elementals AND his minions. Boromir was a prince of the highest civilization of mankind in that part of the world, not a barbarion. He may have been a fallen paladin. I also agee with the idea of Frodo's con being so high.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Old 11-28-2001, 06:49 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

uh, yeah. right. remember to hack aragorn some healing ability, tho.

and frodo only hits one thing with a sword in the entire saga, if memory serves.