Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 12:01 PM   #1
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh dear,and I was doing so well.

When I go to start the game,the screen turns black and I can hear the music (very good by the way) but nothing else.I have run the config' and turned off the 32 bit textures to run it on my old Voodoo II card,downloaded the latest drivers,set my desktop resolution to 800/600,reinstalled the game (full version) and checked for any system conflicts.Nothing!

I have however noticed that in the config/graphics window,the two supported resolutions are both grayed out.Hmmm...I have never had any problems like this before,is there a patch released which may fix this?

I'm getting a new computer in the next 2 weeks so I might just try it on that,but if anyone has any suggestions I would be very gratefull.I am no tech freak,just a normal freak!

------------------
"It hurts us,it hurts us.It freezes,it bites!"
Old 04-01-2001, 01:24 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sorry, I cant help really, but it sounds like maybe you need to upgrade your graphics card? Er, speaking in my total ignorance, I assume you have tried to configure the graphics? I cant remember if there was a button for that on install.
It may be worth reading the 'readme' file 'cos I think it says something about blank screen in there.
Sorry not to be of real use

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-01-2001, 01:38 PM   #3
slackerboyfx
Dungeon Master

hmmm, what version of windows. try clearing your startup group items by:
clicking on start
clicking on run
type in MSCONFIG, hit enter
then click the startup tab.
then you can uncheck any thing other than:
system tray
scan registry
and any programs that you know need to be running at all times.

also did you get the new drivers from www.3dfx.com ? i had to use the new drivers from them for my voodoo3 3000. but it works fine.

------------------
Old 04-01-2001, 02:30 PM   #4
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've just finnished downloading the BGII patch and have cleaned my startup.I have the latest 3DFX drivers so I'll reboot and install the patch.Thanks.

------------------
"It hurts us,it hurts us.It freezes,it bites!"
Old 04-01-2001, 02:51 PM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Really hope it workssss, my Preciousss!
And by the way - when you do get it up and running, there ia a tutorial programme that you can run that takes you through the game basics...

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale