Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 12:15 AM   #1
ChemX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cant find Sarevok after he has been inducted as a grand duke..he talked w/me briefly, as did Belt, during the doppleganger battle at Duscal Palace, but then he and Belt went away, so where do i find Sarevok.
ChemX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:59 AM   #2
IamOpus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER

go to the thieves guild - in BG, near sorcerous sundries. Where the female shopkeeper is there should now be a stairway. Head down there and be ready for some fun. if you need more detail post again.
IamOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:40 PM   #3
ChemX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IamOpus, i killed that lady shopkeeper in the thieves guild earlier before I went to Duscal Palace...and when i went there(thieves guild) after the induction, there isnt a stairwell there...so what's going on?
Old 03-12-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
There should be a stair way leading down to an underground maze.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 11:46 PM   #5
ChemX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes, the stairway is there but I cant go down it....and i think i should meet some guy before i go down it and he's not there, and I havent even seen Belt after the fight....is it because i let the dopplegangers kill the everyone before i fought them??,
Old 03-13-2001, 12:05 AM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

K, I have not play BG for a long time, but when I did, I ask the duke to teleport me to the location of Saverok. (but I would stock up on items and potions first)

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 10:43 AM   #7
IamOpus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Chem, you really have an evil party there if you're killing shopkeepers. Must make it difficult to get things from the guild. According to one walkthrough -
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
"Head to the palace and show your invitation. You should not use strategy 11 because you have to protect two very important people inside. Fireball is not an option here too. Kill all the dopplegangers that are trying to kill Belt and his lady friend. Strategy 14 should be used with caution because you don't want to over cluster the small coronation room. Anyway, Sarevok will just stand there.

After the fight, Sarevok will accuse you of murder and that you should be punished. Show Belt the diary and Sarevok will in the end turn red. However, do not waste your energy on him that much because he can't be killed and will
flee with the help of his magician.

Belt will later locate Sarevok and teleport you to the Thieves' Guild. There you can get the potions and other stuff you need from the lady in the room.

You can exit the guild to rest and get ready because down the stairs of the Thieves' Guild there are Skeleton Warriors inside which have 90% magic resistance, very low Thaco and high Hit Points. Even with the Armor Class of -7, I still get Minsc's ass whooped like a pansy. Strategy 14 should be used although you also need to get your warriors in to really cause damage. Have a priest behind healing all the time. Anyway, once inside you will also
meet jellies. There are lots of traps in here that shoot lightning bolts, fireballs and magic missiles. So scout ahead and find the safest path to the exit."

If that doesn't clear things up, I'll replay it and let you know. Sounds right.

And, it's "Opus" ... as Dr Evil may have said "this Freaking board wouldn't let me use my real freaking nema so I had to freaking improvise."

[This message has been edited by IamOpus (edited 03-13-2001).]
IamOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 11:09 AM   #8
ChemX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok, thanx, i replayed the whole ceremony and things fell into place ...except for the lady shopkeeper, it was too late for her, my party being evil bastards an all...my party had one wicked agenda, the wizard at high hedge, death, wizard at sorcerous sundries and his understudy, dealth, lady of the lady's house, yep dead. thanx again