Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

The weather forecast tonight is a balmy 24-25 degrees. Last night it was 30 degrees. Talk about a major weather swing. I went golfing last Wednesday and it was 75 degrees. A week later with a drop of 50 degrees? Oh well, I could be somewhere colder.

Anyone else have huge swings in temperature in this front?
Old 01-03-2002, 11:18 PM   #2
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

you know what makes me mad? its snowing soooooo much over in the east - and i think 4 inches in atlanta! - but over here in seattle, its around 47 degrees ~ rain ~ rain ~ rain
Old 01-03-2002, 11:31 PM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:
you know what makes me mad? its snowing soooooo much over in the east - and i think 4 inches in atlanta! - but over here in seattle, its around 47 degrees ~ rain ~ rain ~ rain

I used to live in Lakewood, just outside of Tacoma. I can relate to what your saying. *Anyone for a plunge off the Narrows?*
Old 01-04-2002, 08:12 AM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well...I'm in the Atlanta area...

The snow was fun...while it lasted... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Now it's almost all gone from Newnan (although south of us, it's still hanging around). And the temperature is 17ºF or so, with a high around 40ºF today...

But what I think is interesting...most people don't think it hardly ever snows in the South. But growing up, we got stuff like this at least three or four times each winter...Sometimes the snow would be on the ground for two weeks or more. Only over the last decade and a half has that changed...

EDIT: Last week, it was lows in the 40's and highs in the mid-50's.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:19 AM   #5
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

I'm extremely happy! We've got like 2 feet snow all over stockholm, and even more in the northern part of Sweden. Of course, the downpart is that it's at least -12 degrees celsius all the time (no idea what that is in Fahrenheit, but still, it's very cold )
Old 01-04-2002, 08:34 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

I've been to Florida when it was below freezing, 1981 I think. The orange crop was destroyed. I met a couple on the bus who were from Key West, apparently it was impossible to buy electric heaters there [img]smile.gif[/img] . I'm sure that I saw snow in Atlanta and Little Rock that year as well.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-04-2002, 09:51 AM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

1981 was a very cold year for Florida, it was my first year of living down here. Not to bad by my standards, I went swimming to the shock and amazment of onlooker's, That's how I made some friend's, they were amazed by my enormous amount of stupidity and thought that I might be worth knowing, they have regretted it ever since
Now that I have been acclimated to the Florida weather, anything below 50 start's to get me cold. What a bummer.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:15 PM   #8
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
Now that I have been acclimated to the Florida weather, anything below 50 start's to get me cold. What a bummer.

I know what you mean. Jeans and long sleeve shirts come on when it dips below 65.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:33 PM   #9
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, while I am glad that it is cooler here, I am still envious of those of you in the snow. As long time members who have read about me before know, I used to live in NC. Well, they just got slammed with like 8 inches of snow this past week. And there was NO WAY that I could get there. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. I miss the snow so much. Ah well. Supposed to get below freezing tonite, but it's only for a day or so and it'll probably be in the 50's or 60's again. Somebody shoot me. LOL