Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-27-2001, 06:11 PM   #1
fdirs
Dungeon Master

Jester's Chain is one of the coolest effects in the game and it is very good for a jester or any bard but, for some reason you can't cast spells. If this is a suit af armor made for jester's(bard's) why can't you cast spells. Is there an item editor that can fix this? If so someone send me a link and explain to me how to do this. And what is the overall opinion on Jester's Chain anyway?

[This message has been edited by fdirs (edited 08-27-2001).]
Old 08-27-2001, 06:23 PM   #2
Tancred
White Dragon

A bit of a puzzler... erm, I suppose I can only recommend the Melodic Chain instead. One less armour class than the Jester's Chain, but it will allow you to use spells. You will get a chainmail suit +4 that allows you to cast spells, but only to the end of the game. I guess they didn't want to have what is essentially a duplicate magic item by another name...

According to the JC's description, it was forged to protect a jester on stage, rather than on the battlefield. I can only assume its' creator didn't think he'd need his spellcraft while telling jokes... though I suppose Friends and perhaps Invisibility would have been handy?
Old 08-27-2001, 06:37 PM   #3
Jake
Banned User

And some Illusion spells to aid in his storys, and songs, or just for tricking people in allys.
Old 08-28-2001, 04:44 AM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

Buy the bracers of defense AC 3. They're better, lighter and you can cast spells.

Old 08-28-2001, 05:38 AM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

That would work, but then you won't be able to give them to your mage (who needs to be able to cast spells in order to be of any use at all)

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-28-2001, 08:20 AM   #6
Epona
Zartan

I always thought the jesters chain was a kind of an in-game joke and it's not much good. The melodic chain lets you cast spells though, get that instead, and use your tokens for some boots of speed instead. I never found 20 tokens anyway, I always thought that was part of the joke too....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-28-2001, 10:56 AM   #7
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I always thought the jesters chain was a kind of an in-game joke and it's not much good. The melodic chain lets you cast spells though, get that instead, and use your tokens for some boots of speed instead. I never found 20 tokens anyway, I always thought that was part of the joke too....

I found 22 tokens
So now i have no idea what 15 tokens will give (i used the 10 and the 5)

Bladesinger Chain is the Armor to use as it gives +4 and allowes spellcaster
ANSD it won't hurt your eyes after a while

------------------
The Rocks show the way

Old 08-28-2001, 12:12 PM   #8
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Bladesinger chain? Ive never heard of that... of course it could just be my ignorance, heh. ^_^;; My character is a female half-elf blade, so this topic is very interesting to me. I must say, it has been rather annoying trying to find protection of some kind that doesn't disable my character's spells.

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-28-2001, 01:28 PM   #9
Rikard

Bladesinger Chain is somewhere in the Elven City
Though i couldn't tell you where even if you would ehm..
threaten me with something really really scary (i'm fresh out of ideas)

------------------
The Rocks show the way

Old 08-28-2001, 01:35 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
So now i have no idea what 15 tokens will give (i used the 10 and the 5)
15 tokens give you the Boots of Speed.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart