Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 05:27 AM   #1
dafan

I got a serious problem!!! I'm about to kill this guy who got the key to the imprisoned wizzards in the azylum and suddenly Irenicus appear and cast slumber on my party after he said that Saemon have betrayed me... He puts me in one of the tubes and does that killing spell but there is no one i the other tubes and when it comes to me I have the controll over my character... the other ones is locked up in a room nearby and I can't choose em... if I just stands there doing nothing...nothing happends but if hit Irenicus it all starts over... what am I supposed to do.. I really can't remember this happend to me the other times I were in the Asylum

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-07-2001, 05:54 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Give me a bit of background, like:

1. How did you get into the asylum?
2. What events took place leading to this.

From what you're saying it sounds like a bug so I'm curious as to what set it off. Is your game patched?

Don't forget to put spoiler spaces on your thread, your answers are probably going to include spoilers.

------------------
My name is Memnoch. And your name is...destined to be a footnote in the sands of time.
Old 04-07-2001, 07:36 AM   #3
dafan

It's the fourth time going through the asylum and it have never occured before... I have done as always... go in get put in the tubes and you meet Bhaal and defeat him you going through... Bodhi let you go in a "maze"... I killed everything took everything of value... came to the "test" part answered right on all questions and killed all enemies... used th trollhead on the altar and got the rod before exeting the test... Got my finaljudgement... exited and met Saemon.. he tells me about the wizzards... I had no change of turn down his offer only a nice or a bad way of saying tell me... and I remember it like you can deny his request of living and kill him but I'm not sure... anyway... I goes out in the corridor that surrounds the room where Irenicus is... o to the stairs to upperlevel to get the wizzies... there I meet that guy can remember his name who guard does wizzies from escape... and suddenly a dimension door appears Irenicus comes out say something about I beginning to feel like home... cast slumber... notice sometimes I almost get to kill the guard and some times I wont start talking to him.... I am set in a tube... the rest of the team is locked up i a room just northeast... his talking a little to me and then I think he cast taht death spell... I think so cause the picture moves from tube to tube as the first time you are there... any way when the picture has com to the last tube before going to me it stopps and I get to controll my char.. I can't use the other... if I stand still nothing will happend.. if I start pounding on Irenicus he will cast slumber after a while and the same frazes are asked and said again then he casts the death spell and it goes on like that... for each time I do this there come one more murderer one more Irenicus one more Saemon... When I had done this about 5 times I didn't get controll of my char and Irenicus cast slumber right after the picture came to the last tube and than the discussion and all over again.. so I used alt f4 to end the game and started the game a again.. it turn out the same way... then I restarted the computor.. and it turned out the same way as earlier... then I tried diffrent saves before meeting saemon... before meeting guard... bufore beeing judged all ways turn out the same and I have no savings before Asylum... I really can't figure the problem-... Can it be something about my cd that it has been damaged or something like that so it can't find the right part and playes an earlier review or something instead

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-07-2001, 07:52 AM   #4
dafan

yepp I'm patched.. the only thing I did in Brynnlaw that I havn't done beofre is to go in to the lady Galvan or something like that without the meddallion from chryne or what his name is except that everything is the same as earlier times

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-07-2001, 08:30 AM   #5
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

spoil
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Did you use the cloak of the swears? if you polymorphed into the orche jelly there is a bug where you will find your self out of the tube and un-able to countinue the patch dosen't fix this. You can still roam around the level but you have no choice but to restart from your last save
Old 04-07-2001, 07:13 PM   #6
dafan

noop that's not it.. but I finally got through the bug... if I was fast enouch to talk with the guard I was able to get transfered to the wizzies just before Irenicus appeared

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light