Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-10-2002, 06:41 AM   #1
Olli Kalma

Sebastio gaved me a mission to find Seed of Life. I found Oakenmir, that gentle
tree fellow and think he's the one who's seed's I must collect!
But I don't know what to say to him or what to do to get some seeds. ( I need 5 seeds, five person has that mission... )

What to do to get those seed? Need help, please!
Old 11-10-2002, 07:32 AM   #2
Mr Creosote
The Magister

I always kill Oakemir for the exp points (12 million or similar depending on difficulty level), and he drops a seed when he dies. I LIKE Oakemir but exp points is exp points [img]smile.gif[/img]
I have had other tree bad guys drop seeds when they die, so I guess if you are after several seeds then you need to go to that area and wander till some trees spawn for you to kill, and hope they drop seeds.
When you are killing Oakemir he conjures up trees to fight you but Ive never had one of them drop a seed.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 07:40 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Well you´re not supposed to get the seed from Oakenmir. As a matter of fact Oakenmir will NOT drop a seed. He will of course summon tree bark horrors to his aid when attacked and those DO drop seeds. If you want a seed without killing Oakenmir you jave to travel all the way up to Cet´s pyramid. A bit NW of that you´ll find bark tree horrors and get your seed. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 10:48 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Bark Horrors generally only show up in the Lost Sea area and nearby Cet's Pyramid but there have been reports of them showing up near Talrik. That's rare but it can happen!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 04:23 PM   #5
Olli Kalma

Oh no!
That's quite adventure isn't it?!
But I assume that it's last mission that Sebastio give...
So it's not so hurry. If threre would be other missions, I might go and seek those seed ( rhyme [img]smile.gif[/img] ) as soon as possible, but now it's not so hurry.
But now I know where to seek! Thank's again!
Btw. I'll might to see that Talrik's place again... just for sure, I DID FACE tree men there once. But my ship stucked into sand and I reloaded game, and then didn't see those treemens nomore, and then threre was also longtooths!
So I would have that map from Talrik too! But well ship is allways a ship.
( didn't know Teleportation spells then )
Old 11-10-2002, 10:37 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sorry, Olli, but that's not the last mission Sebastio gives. If you complete it, and if you haven't used the Staff of Death to open the shrine, then you'll get that as a quest.

That means that to get the seeds, you either need to luck into some treants near Talrik or tree-surf or vanish your way into the Lost Sea area. Just make sure you have Call of Home when you do that.... trust me....

The ordering of these quests is something I consider a bug, and would have been caught with further play-testing. Either that, or they expect you to find enough Treants near Talrik.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:09 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

It is the known misunderstanding in the game: you are given a quest that cannot be completed before completing another quest.
The bark horrors are random encounters in Brimloch Roon area - unfortunately, the sure bark horrors are only near the Pyramid, i.e., behind Anephas Shrine. You can do the following:
1. Try to meet the horrors before the shrine as a random encounter. I consider it futile, even if it might happen. And even if you succeeded, it is not granted that your horrors will drop the seed - not every bark horror drops it.
2. Kill Oakenmir and pray that he, or someone of his melody boys, will drop the seed. Oakenmir can drop the seed (my own experience). This need not happen.
3. Leave the quest unfinished and continue the game. Finish the quest when you reach the Pyramid.
4. Enter Blackbeard's area before finishing Anephas Shrine and reach the Pyramid now. This is possible by "surfing the trees" or by the Vanish spell. Let us see the Vanish spell:
- Go to the shrine and turn right. Go to the "forest". Investigate the "forest" and search a strip of "white sand" behind the "forest". It can be seen at some location there.
- Turn towards the "forest" and cast Vanish. You will be injected through the "forest" to the Blackbeard's area.
Because you will be injected near Blackbeard himself and because "kill Blackbeard" is a Bushi Dojo quest, I recommend to finish "kill the Darkened One" quest and take the "kill Blackbeard" quest first. Another possibility might be casting Invisibility before injecting through the "forest" and leaving Blackbeard be for now.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:45 AM   #8
Olli Kalma

I think there's nothing to do about guest after finding seeds...
Well I finished Shrine last night and used staff of death to open it...
It cost over 60000 gold piece to indentify that staff! Is that neassesary to identify that? Well I haven't but it still works [img]smile.gif[/img]

Why I goto Shrine is that, I can't kill Oakenmir!
I've tryed cople of times but no, haven't been able to do that... It's like none of my spells worked to him and just smashing is so slow way to kill that, it took over half an hour to get his HP even to 'yellow' ! And those other seed men's... I can't heal my party so long that all of them would survive.
So I was forced to go into shrine to get my game moving forward.

It would be nice to do as you suggest me to do, but it's way too difficult for me... I'm sorry, you guys took so much time to help me, but I'm not that good player, and this is my seacond game ( Haven't play it trought, at first time I just entered into Serpent Temple, cause I loaned W&W from my friend and just now I bought it to my self. ) so it takes time to 'tree surf' and other things.

But I promise you, when I start new game, I focus on the other little things that appear in the game and that's why W&W contains my intress [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mayby I'll try solo character at seacond game... There's so much to do!

But thanks for advices! I keep them on my portfolio and use them in the future!
Old 11-11-2002, 10:55 AM   #9
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

The other way to get a seed is to Pickpocket Oakenmir, this worked for me, you need a high pickpocket skill though.
Ah well, break over, time to get back to writing a report on the Circulatory system and diseases thereof.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:52 AM   #10
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Killing Oakemir:

One technique is to spell and bash him until you have run our of mana and are beat up. Cast your portal spell at that place (preferably before the combat!) and keep enough mana to cast the return to town spell. In town, go to the temple, get your guys healed which will also restore their mana to full, leave the town, cast teleport and you'll back at Oakemir - your guys will be 100% but Oakemir will still be reduced in hit points by the same number as when you left him.
Repeat as required.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote