Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 08:29 PM   #51
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

uh-oh...... *runs from the flame-war-to-be thread*

bye bye now... and mem? make this a sticky post for few days please.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:32 PM   #52
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Respect Mods becoz their mods?

I acknowledge them yes, respect is earned, at the moment I respect the mods because of who they are and their attitude, not because their mods. Am I wrong to think this? I'm not trying to troll or flame or anything like that, you understand. You Americans almost seem to have a different meaning of the word "respect" from the way we use it over here; not so much the pyschial word, but the mental part of it. Anyone else see this? Like I said, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, and if I am, I appologise. I'm just curious to the differences here. I know this is a sensitive issue, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, that is pretty much it... When we say 'respect' we mean 'Obey our decision' in a matter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-23-2002, 08:35 PM   #53
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Define the meaning of the word "respect" no, I'm being serious, just what do you others take as the meaning of the word "respect". Is it mutal respect? Respect others and in turn be respected yourself? Or is it respect them because you should. Becoz their mods. Like I said, I'm not trying to be digotry, (typo) I'm just curious.
My definition of respect in this case would be to trust that the mods had a reason for locking/moving/deleting a thread/post. They made a call and are "appointed" to do these difficult (I guess they can be quite difficult sometimes) calls. They might not agree with one or several arguments in a thread; or perhaps they could even be offended by one. Still they have to let it remain because it does not violate the rules. That´s my definiton of respect on this topic. And if you disagree, do as Luvain said, complain/ask a mod what they based their decision on in a PM. Posting it on the boards will only undermine their positions. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-23-2002, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 11-23-2002, 08:35 PM   #54
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Yeah, that is pretty much it... When we say 'respect' we mean 'Obey our decision' in a matter. [img]smile.gif[/img]
OK [img]smile.gif[/img] , well thats what mods are there for right? To have the final word and make sure things don't get too outa hand. Thanks for clearing that up. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2002, 08:40 PM   #55
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

*edi* incidently, I'm not talking about "respecting their decions" I'm talking about respecting them as members, or ppl.
Ah, you want THAT definition of respect. Well, here's my opinion on this.

Respect mean accepting that other people are different than you, and that their opinion and belief are as good as yours. Sure, you might think red is the best color in the world. But that is your opinion. The guy that like blue the most is not wrong.

Treat others as you would want them to treat you. And don't judge them.

Often, I my life, I had to be in contact with aggresive individual, but instead of fighting back and getting in a fight, I was treating them nicely, and those people always finished by changing their attitude and becoming friendly to me. They knew I was not there to hurt them cause them grief or judge them. They knew I respected them.

Fighting only create ill feelings. If you want to be happy, then be nice.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:41 PM   #56
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Anyone who disrespects a mod or the mighty Ziroc and choc shall have to through me! *loads Ak47 and double-barrel shotgun* [img]smile.gif[/img] Seriously,the mods should be listened to.Ziroc if there is someone who disobeys you or a mod or argues with ya then they should be banned for a couple of days or a week or something. Just a suggestion.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-23-2002, 08:41 PM   #57
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

I'd also like to mention the bit of "holiness" in the "Know that if I did it, it was right." part. That's one thing that I forgot in my List of Grievances which I mailed to Memnoch. Because pretended "holiness" is one of the things in the universe which piss me off to the greatest imaginable extent.
Neb, I'd say your pushing it quite a bit with Ziroc. "If he did it, it was right" because he decides what's right and wrong here.

I honestly can't believe you made the "holiness" comment about him. It's is his forum, and if you don't like the way he administers it, you don't have to mail a list, a letter, or a complaint, you can just leave.

I'm not trying to be rude, but it's his forum, he makes the rules, you live by them or you leave by them. You know that because I've seen you post something very similar to someone else who was in trouble with Z before, so why would you think it's any different now?

You've never had a big problem with Z before, so what's up?
Old 11-23-2002, 08:44 PM   #58
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I've actually been having these problems for a semi-long while now. But I just haven't expressed them on the forums like we've been asked not to. Instead we've been told to mail/PM a mod about it. Exactly what I've done.

And as for his holiness, it might be his house, but isn't it common courtesy to be nice towards one's guests? Otherwise the guests will leave, and noone will have fun. But that's another matter entirely. PM, mail or contact me on some messenger if you want to know more. This shouldn't be discussed on IW.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:45 PM   #59
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Ah, you want THAT definition of respect. Well, here's my opinion on this.
Respect mean accepting that other people are different than you, and that their opinion and belief are as good as yours. Sure, you might think red is the best color in the world. But that is your opinion. The guy that like blue the most is not wrong.
Treat others as you would want them to treat you. And don't judge them.
Often, I my life, I had to be in contact with aggresive individual, but instead of fighting back and getting in a fight, I was treating them nicely, and those people always finished by changing their attitude and becoming friendly to me. They knew I was not there to hurt them cause them grief or judge them. They knew I respected them.
Fighting only create ill feelings. If you want to be happy, then be nice.
Yes, thats what I thought it meant. So when Ziroc said "respect" the mods, I was unsure if he meant like that... or something else. Like I said, you Americans tend to use the word "respect" slightly differently to how we use it over here. Or so I've noticed.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:45 PM   #60
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
Fishing license? What is that? i dont need that to fish here on IW and it is some nasty PSI Sharks here on IW but they are hard to catch so i think i lurk around Wizardry 8 forum and W&W forum maby i can catch one there later tonight! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Any 'fishing' (Trolling) will get your account banned. I wouldn't do that if I were you Megabot. I will be watching you.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album