Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #21
Lavindathar
Harper

Default Re: WoW v3.0.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I'm having a lot of fun farming with my demo lock. I love metamorph., just wish it lasted longer
In all honesty, meta kinda sucks. It will probably get buffed. Plus its designed around having an extra 10 talent points. But as it stands right now, meta is really not very good at all. Just novelty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
What did they do to you guys specifically?

For us they nerfed our pvp mobility by nerfing shadowstep - now it's LOLStep again.

They removed the synergy with shadoweave from SPs, now ISB is personal. Lots of lost dps as its never constantly up.

They nerfed Demonic Sacrifice from 15% to 10%.

They changed the way the talent trees are to get away from the 0/21/40 destro dominiance. Now to get demonic sacrifice (with a nerfed 10%) you have to waste 6 talent points as well in talents that are about keeping your pet dps up...why would the pre-req for sacrficing your pet be 5 points in an "improved damage" pet talent? Makes no sense. Pure waste.

The new talents mean that there isn't actually any good raid spec that is viable for pure dps, not like it used to be. Now we aren't that good. I've gone from say 2.5k-2.8k steady nuking to 2k nuking. That's a big nerf. Don't forget every other class basically got buffed.

Because you no longer sacrfice pets in pve for dps, you keep your pet out. Problem with this? haste doesn't scale with pets. GG blizz. Imps do 200dps. felguards 350dps. Awesome huh? Hunter pets do 900 or w/e dps.

Affliction is low damage as always, doesnt rely on crit. end game gear is stacked with crit. Oh, and haste. Which doesn't scale with pets? And you need pets now. Did I mention that?

Haunt improves affliction, but means a punishing rotation.

Destro fire looked ok, until we tested it and found out that everything like casted super fast....sounds good. Except you go oom. Fast. Really fast. 0.9 second incinerates. Oh and conflag sucks. And with 0.9 second incinerates via talents, your under the 1 second GCD. Which is just lol. More waste. So you can't even chain cast as when your spell finishes your waiting for GCD to complete so you can recast. Imba huh?

Oh the the oom thing I mentioned? Well, the one thing that seperated locks from mages and priests was, we don't need spirit! But we do now...so our 2k lifetaps have become 1200 lifetaps. You see, lifetap is now based all around spirit. And guess how much +spirit my gear has? Correct. 0. So now we spend forever lifetapping for ■■■■ all, as not 1 lock has spirit on their gear. Not to mention we go OOM fast. Really fast.

I think ive found a decent raid spec, note I say decent. It's a destro shadow build, but with imp out. I wrote it down but can't find it. Testing was ok though. About 2.3k dps or something. Still shadowbolt spam but with an imp this time. It's like 0/18/43.

So overall, in PvE, locks are now incredibly shit.

Last edited by Lavindathar; 10-21-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, rogues got nerfed bigtime in PvP:

- Shadowstep cannot be used while rooted now
- Shadow Dance sucks (you need 10 macros to use it)
- only decent dps spec is mutilate and you need good daggers for it
- Hunger for Blood got nerfed even before patch went live

We do way less damage in pvp now and have less mobility and survivability (even less if you go sub spec).

BUT...

We got buffed bigtime in PvE. As combat spec I'm now doing 2K dps compared to 1k pre-patch, mainly because of killing spree (51pt combat talent). It's supposed to be an aoe skill but is actually better against single targets.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:13 AM   #23
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes... I am a lolret Pally.

I just got WoW. lol I don't feel like such a newbie, but I love the experience I am getting, since I also have Guild Wars.

I love the upside for both games. Seriously. They both have great potential.

ANYWAY, as my best friend told me, I am lucky that I get to start playing at this 3.0.2 patch, meaning the game has gone a long way since then, and I have nice people to show me the way. So far they have been helpful, but I just love the overall experience of travelling alone, which I did not have in GW.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #24
Lavindathar
Harper

Welcome to the world of WoW!

And I moved from GW to WoW, in time you will see how much better WoW is. Played WAR a bit too, but it just can't compare to WoW.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:34 PM   #25
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah, meta is indeed novelty. But, it's a fun panic button, allowing you to take on multiple mobs and incinerate them simultaneously every 3 mins. Not bad for a final talent, horrible reskin of Illidan though : /
Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #26
Lavindathar
Harper

Agree, the skin is awful.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #27
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Lavi, I agree. I think WoW has more upside since GW is all instanced. But I do agree that both cannot be compared. Both are great games.

So far, I am level 26, dying to get my free mount.

Then maybe I'll tone down on levelling and explore mining.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #28
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Trick or Treat Re: WoW v3.0.2

Hallelujah for Achievements. I finally managed to step foot into Molten Core and see what it was like to fight Ragnaros. Prior to the 3.0.2. patch, getting a raid going for MC was almost mythical.

Having just started playing WoW since this year July, I don't have a Lvl-70 character yet (highest is 61), and I felt really left out of all the Classic Raid instances as the LFG-Channel was all about Outlands. I suppose it will only get "worse" when Northrend finally becomes accessible.

Patiently working my way to Outlands, and hoping to complete more of the Classic Raids, at least on my main character.

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote