Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 05-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
garrison
Manshoon

Default Re: Lost & Found

The Easter Egg rewards (clockwise from top left) were:
  • Orb of Destruction & Pain
  • Short Sword of Explosions
  • Burning Mace of Fire
  • Amulet of Extreme Spellfire
  • Dragon Eggs
  • Suni's Rings of Focus
  • Arrows of Harming Death
  • Pharaun's Secret Cloak

Pharaun's cloak is quite nice, but not the one you seek.
garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
Carson Drayke
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was just searching through threads on the DPG and it seemed like that was listed as the cleric reward.

On that subject, the only combos I saw listed that could get the bow were pure Ranger or Ranger/Assassin...anybody know of another? May be creating a new build just for bow-chasing.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The cleric robes in question are indeed the cleric reward from the DPG's. The bow is the ranger reward, and any combo with a ranger base can get it.

Edit for clarity: In so far as I remember, even Ranger/Wiz/AA can get the bow. If the build consists of all Prestige Classes, other than the base Ranger, then it's a for sure thing.

Last edited by robertthebard; 05-05-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: clarity
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

RTB Lives?
Old 05-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
garrison
Manshoon

Carson is correct, Roddybug posted this a while back.

DPG rewards are assigned, to the best of my knowledge, in a fixed arbitrary order which does not include Barbarian or prestige classes. My own multiclass experience suggests that mage is checked before rogue, and rogue before fighter. RTB has posted that his Bard 10, AA 30 gets the bow; however Roddybug has posted that Bards receive Chimes of Power. A Ranger/Bard/AA would be a good choice if it works but I'm quite certain that contrary to what RTB just posted as I write this, my Ranger/Wiz/AA got the amulet (which iirc is nearly identical to the holiday amulet).
Old 05-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #16
ArmpitLint
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks a lot, I was starting to go out of my head trying to think of where those robes were. Time to get the cleric ready for a run to 13...
ArmpitLint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #17
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Ironworks Forum Re: Lost & Found

Well, I do not remember which of my characters had the robes which allowed me to cast unlimited Blade Barrier. I believe it was also before the sewers were cut off from Skullport. However, the character still more than likely exists somewhere. And yes, filling a room with Blade Barrier against dragons, drow, and other such creations which can smite you down is grimly satisfying in ways you can easily imagine. To be honest, I cannot remember where you get them - more than likely through the Drow Proving Grounds. It has been a while I had a cleric-based character with a party down there. I should attempt to make a return and go down with a group to see if that is the case. Of course first I would need to find my clerical characters again...
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #18
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Don't be like that - build a new one, you know that the last one couldn't hit anything for toffee! That's why he needed a midget bodyguard.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #19
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrison View Post
Carson is correct, Roddybug posted this a while back.

DPG rewards are assigned, to the best of my knowledge, in a fixed arbitrary order which does not include Barbarian or prestige classes. My own multiclass experience suggests that mage is checked before rogue, and rogue before fighter. RTB has posted that his Bard 10, AA 30 gets the bow; however Roddybug has posted that Bards receive Chimes of Power. A Ranger/Bard/AA would be a good choice if it works but I'm quite certain that contrary to what RTB just posted as I write this, my Ranger/Wiz/AA got the amulet (which iirc is nearly identical to the holiday amulet).
No, my bard builds always get the chimes. Never posted anything else. However, I was pretty certain that my ranger builds got the bow, even with wizard. Understand, however, that I can barely remember what I had for dinner last night. Medication is a wonderful thing, sometimes, but mostly it just messes up my memory.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #20
garrison
Manshoon

Sorry RTB, I was scanning posts about the DPG rewards and came across the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I went with 30 AA, and 10 Bard, trying to get [the AB] as high as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
The final results are in: 76 ab, with the Ranger reward from the Proving grounds.
Which, amidst all the threads on who gets which DPG reward, seemed to be less clear than it is and to mean something it doesn't. I have no explanation whatever as to why I thought this build included ranger levels.