Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #11
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Default Re: Question on rerolling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Priests in pvp are fun if you're a rogue - stunlock and two shot! Nothing like seeing an angel appear over the field to show that a healer has bit the dust.

I didn't know that you could reroll male/female to switch your character gender after you'd started? How do you do this?
Two shotting somebody as a rogue is like the biggest exxageration made. It was common to do so against fire mages as they had no shields and had low stam... now that everybody has resilliance at 70, buckletloads of stam that nobody knows what to do with and new skills... then yeah.

Playing a rogue myself, i can put myself in his shoes, tell what his next move is. Cheapshot > attack > kidney usually, and when they think that you are going to pop a fear they may clos, or let you fear them and they run off like a sissy, clos the dot off, vanish and try to start over... lol.

I always thought that locks totally owned rogues.. then my friend showed me the light on how to beat them as he plays a lock himself. Quite interesting how just a change of combos can actually kill things.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnzey boi View Post
Two shotting somebody as a rogue is like the biggest exxageration made. It was common to do so against fire mages as they had no shields and had low stam... now that everybody has resilliance at 70, buckletloads of stam that nobody knows what to do with and new skills... then yeah.

Playing a rogue myself, i can put myself in his shoes, tell what his next move is. Cheapshot > attack > kidney usually, and when they think that you are going to pop a fear they may clos, or let you fear them and they run off like a sissy, clos the dot off, vanish and try to start over... lol.

I always thought that locks totally owned rogues.. then my friend showed me the light on how to beat them as he plays a lock himself. Quite interesting how just a change of combos can actually kill things.
Well, at L60 you can still two shot - I one shotted a mage once and I'm not mutilate spec. But I agree that playing multiple classes helps in pvp immensely.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
He means reroll from scratch and start over, lol. If you have the time I mean...knock yourself out.
Man, I couldn't imagine starting over and doing the same class, lol. Although I did start rogue over on horde side because I love rogue so much and I've gotten my rogue to 33 now. My other rogue is at 61. But every other class I just have single alts for.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

LOL - this was the advice you gave me on how to beat a priest/mage/lock!

Old 02-13-2008, 02:07 AM   #15
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

I dont play my rogue as often now anyways, im 67 on loladin sooo yeah.

BTW Mem, did you seriously reroll horde?

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah I swore I would never roll a pally again but alas here I am with a retadin grinding upwards. Sux that ret is a joke for endgame though, I have to either be a healer or tank
Old 02-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I dont play my rogue as often now anyways, im 67 on loladin sooo yeah.

BTW Mem, did you seriously reroll horde?

I did - my UD rogue (on Dalaran) is 35 now. I have lots of low (17-20) level Horde toons - shaman, hunter and warrior. But I want to get my NE rogue to 70 first.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I got a lv10 BE warlock in Nagrand. I did that to see the BE lore and to check out M'uru.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:48 AM   #19
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Ahh joining Timbers gang I got a warrior there, but ill classify him as dormant... It's just odd going from a pvp server to a pve server, see a couple ally and your like.. ZOMGWTFBBQ I WANNA OWN UR FACE. Even if you flag yourself you wont get killed... But i spose world pvp is dead.

OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 02-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Ahh joining Timbers gang I got a warrior there, but ill classify him as dormant... It's just odd going from a pvp server to a pve server, see a couple ally and your like.. ZOMGWTFBBQ I WANNA OWN UR FACE. Even if you flag yourself you wont get killed... But i spose world pvp is dead.
Haven't seen Timber around lately though - or when I have he's usually raiding Tempest Keep or something silly. Conversely, I'm usually attacking Alliance in AB.

World PVP is definitely dead, at least on my PVE servers. I have my L64 NE rogue on SenJin flagged all the time and I've only once been attacked, by a L70 guiding a L58 around Hellfire.

Even the PVP areas around Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh are dead. The other day I noticed on my map that the Twin Spire beacons had been in Allied (our) hands for an hour but the GY was still in Horde hands. An hour later it was still the same scenario. So I went to the field scout and decided to run the flag to the GY as I was going to Orebor anyway and guess what - there was nobody there!!