Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2002, 09:30 AM   #1
Jon Smallberries
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location spoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Man, I just visited Croc's, then headed up to the mines. Swamp wasn't too bad, I managed to make it through OK. But... when I got to the mine entrance (I'm assuming that's what it is, since I was hiding out in some derelict mining sheds), I got the hurtin' put on me.

1st - 5 Widowmaker Spiders, 8 Savant Troopers, 1 Savant Gunner. Not too tough, except the bloody spiders kept webbing me. So, I kill all of these yahoos and head up the hill. What is this, bug central? Every time I turn around I've got wasps or blooddrinkers or some other damn thing.

Finally hid in one of the sheds, got a full rest in (yea!) and cautiously poke my head out... Hello! 6 Water Sprites, 9 Tanto Wasps (in two groups), 5 Widowmaker spiders. Many spellpoints later, I finally killed them all and got the **** out of Dodge!

I think I'll wander back to Trynton and whack then Don, then swing back to Arnika - the mines seem to be a bit much for my 10/11 characters. Plus I'm only a level or two away from expert skills for a number of characters...
Jon Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 10:32 AM   #2
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Look at the other side of the coin it is a great place to gain Xp and level up. The shed is a great place since you cannot be surrounded.
Old 01-18-2002, 01:52 PM   #3
LordOgre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, doorways (or a crevice you can back into) are your best friend in this game
Old 01-18-2002, 02:46 PM   #4
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I swear there is a hidden hive in the area. When I first showed up their were now spiders but tons of Tanto Wasps, Swarming Wasps, the requisite Savant Guys, and a few frogs. I was about the same level as you are and I just started heading up the paths. If you stay in the middle of the path only two or three wasps can fight you at once. This area was a great source of experience.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 02:56 PM   #5
Jon Smallberries
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm looking forward to checking out the mines, but I've got a hankerin' to open an industrial-sized can of ***-whoop on the Don; don't like his attitude. Plus I've got a ton of junk that I think Madras could gizmo for me (didn't know you could recruit him) and some stuff that Tony could stitch together (I think). And I want to buy a remove curse potion/scroll/book; my fighter currently has Bloodlust and I want to swap it over to my Samurai - and of course my Priest doesn't have that spell

It's funny though - after reading all the (great) messages about how to build powerful characters, I was wondering if my boys were just a bit on the wimpy side. I'll freely admit I didn't give the manual much more than a glance before firing up the game, and this is my first party.
Jon Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 03:11 PM   #6
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Smallberries:
Man, I just visited Croc's, then headed up to the mines. Swamp wasn't too bad, I managed to make it through OK. But... when I got to the mine entrance (I'm assuming that's what it is, since I was hiding out in some derelict mining sheds), I got the hurtin' put on me.

[/QB]
You didn't make it to the hard stuff yet Jon [img]smile.gif[/img] You better save that can of whip-ass.
Well look what crawled in from the swamp, ya theiving spider lovers.

*\Conan/*
*\Conan/* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 05:41 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
Well look what crawled in from the swamp, ya theiving spider lovers. *\Conan/*

sick!
i forgot how much he grates on my nerves, #%@$! xenophobe. my skin crawls everytime i think about him.
::gets armored, sharpened and rarin' to go::
grrrrr!! just lemme at him!

V***V
Old 01-18-2002, 07:35 PM   #8
Feanor
Dungeon Master

hmmm. I wouldn't shed a tear either if i were to witness Croc transfixed on the business end of sword.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 12:46 AM   #9
Solomon
The Magister

If there was another store anywhere in the area, I'm sure most people wouldn't hesitate to give Crock what he so richly deserves...

The approach to the mines is one of those places where the difficulty reaches a new level, like going from the Monestary to the Arnika Road. It's tough at first, but it gets a lot easier when you figure out how to fight the battles.

And who needs the manual anyway?
Old 01-19-2002, 02:35 AM   #10
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

If your having too much trouble you can always change to Normal or Novice

Assuming your on Expert or Normal already.

Then change back once your clear of an area.

I am working on my 2nd party on Expert and iam level 5/6 and not out of the lower monstary yet.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote