Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2003, 09:18 PM   #1
simon59
Elite Waterdeep Guard

any ideas as to where the 3rd piece of dragonshard is ???
simon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 09:27 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Which pieces have you found so far? I mean, where were they at?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:21 AM   #3
simon59
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1 was in the early parts of the dragon spire the other in the area after the lava pool still the 3rd illudes me
simon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:36 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

Aha! Okay. First of all, gain the Divine Sigil if you haven't gained it already. Now, go to the bridge leading to the dragon's lair and jump down. A "strong current" will catch you and take you underwater to an uderwater siphon leading down. Do not object and let the current take you down. Now, swim backwards back. You should emerge from the water at a chest behind two big boulders.
The chest contains the third dragonshard. Remove the boulders by "using" Divine Sigil on them. Return to the bridge.
Notes:
1. If you can cast Create Portal and Teleport then you do not need the Divine Sigil. Create Portal on the bridge, go for the dragonshard and Teleport back. Create Portal and Teleport is the simplest and fastest way of gaining the third dragonshard. Use it preferably.
2. You can come to the boulders from the opposite side. Follow the corridor leading from the bronze nonsense at the beginning of the dungeon to its end.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:55 AM   #5
tater
Dungeon Master

I can't find the dang first shard. Obviously I missed it while I was cruising through the spire. Forgot where it was when I played through before. It's incredibly annoying to remember how to get to the difficult shard behind the boulders, and miss the one that's just hanging out where it's easy to get.
Old 01-29-2003, 04:22 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

The first shard: In the chest at the big scorpion in the entry part of the dungeon.
The second shard: In a chest near the spider queen in the "maze" behind the lava pool with the broken bridge.
The third shard: In the chest behind the boulders.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:32 PM   #7
tater
Dungeon Master

I found it easy enough when I went back and retraced my steps. It's just that when I'd first climed up from the lower level, I had turned around and headed straight for Kol instead of stopping to get that first shard by the scorpion. I was trying to run quickly through the spire, and I got a little ahead of myself.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:34 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The shards are not always in the same spot though there is always a piece behind the boulders. I had one game in which I found a shard in a chest at the back of a lava pool (next to a ramp, was hard to tell that there was even anything behind that lava pool at all - not near the broken bridge). I believe I have had a game where there was no shard in the first part of the Spire so keep looking around! They're there somewhere! Hope you find them soon!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #9
tater
Dungeon Master

I found the one I'd missed last night, in the only chest in the entire dungeon that I'd missed, of course. Already had the other two.

Oh, and Simon59, I notice that Radek didn't mention how you get the Divine Sigil. In case you haven't found it and you want it, you have to swim down to the bottom of the pool with the colanth and through a small tunnel to talk to an oracle. He'll give you the sigil.