Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-18-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
myungbass
Manshoon

Does anyone know when an IWDII editor will arrive?
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 06:32 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well usually editors come up about 1-3 months after the game is released...BUT since this is a seriously modified version of the Infinity Engine, what with the 3E rules and all it's hard to say if it will even arrive that soon...from what i've seen theres only one guy who is really *dedicated* to making the IE editors (correct me if i'm wrong) and as I said i think this new ruleset system would require more work/decoding.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:02 PM   #3
myungbass
Manshoon

on a related note, has anyone ever used the cheat console thing?
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 09-18-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Welcome to the forum Myungbass! I've seen some posts on the cheat console check back 1 or 2 pages and im sure you'll find em mate.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:14 AM   #5
myungbass
Manshoon

thanks:-D I'll try not to embarass myself too mcuh seeing as how this is the 1st forum I've done.....ever (proud of myself)
Old 09-20-2002, 05:11 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Nah mate, its a very friendly crowd here, im relatively new to this forum too but i've hung out on other BG and IWD ones and this is prolly one of the better sites all round [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2002, 07:48 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

The leading edge of editing right now is still in the realm of hex editing, since previous editors won't work fully. Near Infinity can decode parts of IWD2, but not all of it; Infinity Explorer cannot recognize it at all.

If you visit the official IWD2 site you can link to their forum board. There are plenty of people there who are seriously trying to figure out where everything in a character's file is stored. I, myself, can find stats, gold, xp, items, and skill levels. On the other hand, this is for curiousity's sake only--I am slowly working my way through the game without cheating (Auril's Temple, right now).

As always, I encourage curiousity re: hex-editing, but I discourage cheating--it cheats you of a great gaming experience. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 03:37 PM   #8
myungbass
Manshoon

'sides cheatings only fun AFTER you beat the game:-p

p.s. Sprirt warrior...88 posts to me is a little longer than a little while
Old 09-20-2002, 04:16 PM   #9
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Actually there is a generic memory trainer which is quite. The program is called Game Trainer (version 2.01). You can get it Here

I decided to load the trainer up and lock my fighter's health to the max and have him (solo) cleared all the monsters somewhere in chapter 2. After I have done that, I loaded up the old savegame to continue playing without cheating. This trainer is pretty useful because you can use it to:

1. Increase you stat (every 4 level, you will get 1 stat bonus point but with this trainer, you can get as many points as you want)

2. Increase you feat points and skill points (during level up only)

3. Lock all you party members' health to the max

4. Lock all you party's gold to the max or change it to a higher value.

If you REALLY wanted to cheat and DO NOT mind spoiling your gameplay experience, I would recommend this trainer.

[ 09-20-2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 09-20-2002, 09:29 PM   #10
Magness
Quintesson

Supposedly, the writer of Shadowkeeper and Dalekeeper has a copy of IWD2 and is/will be working in an IWD2-keeper editor.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote