Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
Black wizard of chaos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

So here it is. Which battle is this you will ask?
It is not other than the slightlly improved battle with Irenicus in hell.
Well instead of being attacked by Irenicus and his summuned demons,
IRENICUS SPLITS HIM SELF in 5 parts and becomes the shetered one: Himself( Irenicus), a dragon, a mighty sword( the one you get from the djiny in hell), Sarevok, beholder and about 5 vyverns( jung dragons), a bunch of shades,about 10 beholders, magical swords, a lich, elder orb...
Now this creatures are not a problem if fought seperatly, but all together now thats a chalange!!!
I am a solo sorcerer at level 35 and am having difficulties destroying them
They just corner me and when I kill the dragon, mighty sward, beholders there still Irenicus, arevok and a beholder left behind which finishes me of.
NOw any suggestions are aprishiated, maybe xen has the anwser?
Black wizard of chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:13 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Do you have ToB installed?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
Black wizard of chaos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes
Old 07-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #4
Black wizard of chaos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes
Old 07-29-2004, 04:32 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I have an answer. Use the search button. Now if you`re too lazy ... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Use the Project Image spell. Cast Time Stop. Then let the PI cast as many Skeleton Warriors,Planetars,Mordekainen`s swords as it can. Also let it cast Protection from Magical Energy on you. Then cast Dispel Magic to kill it. Cast Stoneskin,Spellshield,Spell Immunity: Abjuration ...

Start the fight. Cast Spell Trap with the Staff of the Magi. Jon should be the least of your worries. Cast another PI and empty your whole spellbook. Use Comet,Dragon`s Breath (ignores Magic Resistance) and whatever you got. Now cast Finger of death on yourself. (This will restore spells)
So basically just cast PI as many times as you can and relise hell. Also in Time Stop your THACO doesn`t matter becuase the game enbales Auto-Hit option. So with your Energy Blades you won` miss anything. Everything will be a hit. You can attack Sarevok with this. Other summons can run around and keep other enemies easy.

You should take the Orb of Fear (Beholder) and the Dragon out first. (Dragon can level drain you)
Then Sarevok and Jonnny the last.

So just summon SWarriors,Planetars,Mordies, etc ... and you should win. But be patient.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote