Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 12:33 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

...and even less so if you ask me.
Remember that topic few weeks back, Women drivers, and it had a picture of a car with the gas pump hanging out of the "gashole" (or what ever you freaky englishspeakers call it... [img]smile.gif[/img] ). anyway I work in a gasstation and today a GUY drove away from one of the gaspumps... while the pump was still in the car... Oh you should have seen his face when he came back in to tell me, I almost burst out laughing but somehow managed to contain myself... amazingly enough.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You've never had a woman reverse onto your bear toes, have you son?

Nah, actually, I agree with your comment. I didn't post on that thread, mainly cos I didn't wanted to be hunted down by the females in this forumn. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 12:38 PM   #3
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmm, I say, since when has one person become the representation of every male driver? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 12:40 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Personally, I can't draw a line between them.

A bad driver is a bad driver, regardless of gender, race, age, or other demographic characteristic. Driving is a skill, and certain people are better at that skill than others. Others have acquired very nasty driving habits and perpetrate them without even really being conscious of doing so.

There are jokes about "little old blue-haired ladies" being terrible drivers, but I've seen 80-year-old women driving far better than some 20 year old men. Generally, the "little old ladies" that are terrible drivers were probably terrible drivers when they were in their 20's and 30's as well, and the same goes for the men. Sad to say, driving techniques generally do not change over time. Sight and hearing impairment may damage driving skill to some extent, but bad driving is a lifetime habit.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-14-2002, 12:42 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
man, woman, there's not much difference, it all depends on how the person is. If you ever had been in my mom's car while she was driving i would like to hear you say that again. She's completely nuts, i bet she would be a real rival for Michael Schumacher.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:47 PM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

I know it doesn't matter what gender you are or race or anything else... except maybe intelligence... I just wanted to tell you guys this story and remembered that stupid thread... and wanted to make a connection...

guess I shouldn't have... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 12:48 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Gender makes not the blindest bit of difference. I have seen women doing their make-up in the rear view mirror or being asleep at the wheel. I have also seen men driving while chatting down a mobile, and not indicating at roundabouts, etc...

As long asI'M a good driver, I don't discriminate

Old 06-14-2002, 01:25 PM   #8
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I've almost driven away with the pump handle twice now. I figured it out in the nick of time though. A nagging voice in the back of my head that said I forgot something. The reason both times was the same. I was in a terrible hurry and doing too many things at once! I was already late. Paid for the gas at the pump and filled up while I stamped and mailed bills, got money from the ATM, bought breakfast, and put on a necktie, all within five minutes. Hopped in the car and had it in drive before I realized I hadn't hung the pump handle back up. Things like this happen when folks get in a rush and don't take enough time to think about what they're doing.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:30 PM   #9
onthepequod
Quintesson

Wait a minute! [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Women are now being allowed to drive?!? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 03:29 PM   #10
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Gender makes not the blindest bit of difference...
But being blind does, my grand mother is getting that way, and her car is not a pretty sight, it is full of dents and scratches. Probably the most scary thing in the world for me is going driving with her. :/
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas