Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2001, 02:48 AM   #81
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Caine:
Thank You,I am still bloody new at this forum despite the ammount of posts,I wont attack any living being (yet)
Nobody will be attacking any living being here, now or ever.

To everyone else:

Caine is entitled to dislike Aerie, just as the rest of you are entitled to like Aerie. But shouldn't you all be able to agree to disagree in a rational manner? Caine, you've made your point and are starting to repeat yourself. Repeating yourself begins to sound a bit like spam and flamebaiting to me. All the Aerie-lovers, ignore him if he tries flamebaiting. You won't change his mind, he'll hate Aerie no matter what, so what's the point?

Let me post this note that I posted in our War on Terrorism Forum. I never thought I'd need to post it here, over a computer game.

Just adding some general guidelines as well to Ziroc's post.

• I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.[/list]This is the cornerstone around which the concept of freedom of speech is built, as long as it is done with respect for others.
    • Debating is not about winning or losing, it's about expressing a point of view and listening to another person expressing theirs. There is no shame in agreeing to disagree when the argument starts to go nowhere.[/list]
      • Don't take things personally. Life's too short to get upset about another person's point of view.[/list]I know most of you love a good spirited debate, since most of you are quite strongly opinionated, if somewhat tactless about expressing opinions, serenely confident in your righteousness and in the other's wrongness. This is not a problem unless you start making snide remarks about each other which don't have anything to do with the topic at hand, as this usually leads to shouting profanities at each other, which then becomes a problem. However, I'm sure will not happen, given that we're all VERY good at exercising self-control, right?

Just remember that two of the most difficult things to do on the internet are: 1) admit that you can't change the other person's point of view; and 2) accept that failing to change the other person's point of view does NOT mean you have lost the argument.

Now chill out, all of you. Take deep breaths. If this thread continues on the same vein I might have to lock it because of spam.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 04:14 AM   #82
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Some things to note, Cloak of Mirroring does not protect against everything, Domination, Fear, Stun, Insect Plague, etc... ... can still bypass it and affect the person.

Cloak of Mirroring will not protect against AoE spells like Abidalzims, as well as spells that do not inflict physical damage.

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 04:45 AM   #83
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Cloak of Mirroring will not protect against AoE spells like Abidalzims, as well as spells that do not inflict physical damage.
Yeah, that too Memnoch, but just to add onto that. Cloak of Mirroring will protect you from such AoE( area of effect) spells if, and only if, the spell is casted directly on you while wearing the cloak.

Despite all these exceptions though, it is still the cheesiest cloak in the game. Although they should have renamed it Cloak of Absorbing in ToB.

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 05:05 AM   #84
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The Shield of Reflection works like the Cloak of Mirroring, even though it says that it only deflects missiles I've seen it return a magic missile spell to it's caster.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:12 AM   #85
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
The Shield of Reflection works like the Cloak of Mirroring, even though it says that it only deflects missiles I've seen it return a magic missile spell to it's caster.
But for that to work, the person holding the shield must be targetted right? So even if it can deflect Insect Plague, by casting Insect Plague around the person, you solve the problem.
Old 10-16-2001, 12:26 PM   #86
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Yeah, that too Memnoch, but just to add onto that. Cloak of Mirroring will protect you from such AoE( area of effect) spells if, and only if, the spell is casted directly on you while wearing the cloak.

Despite all these exceptions though, it is still the cheesiest cloak in the game. Although they should have renamed it Cloak of Absorbing in ToB.

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 10-16-2001).]
Correct. Didn't you know it was called the Cloak of Cheating?

And the ToB version has that horrible Spell Trap graphic. I've tried using IEEP to get rid of it but there are some unknown variables in there. You need to hex-edit it out.

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 03:35 PM   #87
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

argh, i hate that spell trap graphic. Makes it hard to see your characters in battle. a horrible idea from bioware.
Old 10-16-2001, 03:45 PM   #88
Caine
Elminster

What is my thread turning into?
Just kidding keep it up
Old 10-17-2001, 01:22 AM   #89
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by floyd:
argh, i hate that spell trap graphic. Makes it hard to see your characters in battle. a horrible idea from bioware.
Maybe it was done on purpose so that people will get so fed up with it and stop using the cloak.