Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Choc Choc will be TWENTY this year!!

I found his adoption papers, and he was born in 1993. I was like... oh god. While it's AMAZING that he has lived this long with good health, but being blind his entire life and has done amazing with that, I worry the clock is ticking down though... I mean, 20 is old for a cat.. 96 years in humans.. BUT it IS known to happen to Siamese cats. on average, they live longer than other breeds, but I still don't want to face that his time is near. So we enjoy each day with him, and savor it.

Even though he acts just as crazy, running down the hall, turning into the bedroom, and runs/leaps onto the bed, and does a 360 and plays all over the bed, and goes nuts.. (his stamina is less than it was years ago, but hell, I'll be 40 this Oct, and my stamina is too!! lol).. but he's in great health, he gets good food, treats and filtered water. (he likes it chilled after a meal--spoiled chocy!) heheh..

So I got Choc's 'account' birth date wrong... wow. 20! Since I don't know WHEN he was born, we chose June 10th I think...

He's sleek, no fat, and his leg and arm muscles are firm--good shape. I play with him a lot... lol, when it wants to play, he'll run into the bedroom, leap onto the bed, and if you don't go in there, he'll howl LOUDLY saying basically "Get your ass in here, human! and play with me!" hahahah.. He's so cool..

Charly, my previous Siamese, lived 16 1/2 years. Had him from 1st grade till 1998 (I believe).. He was a blue point, and was amazing too... but he was fine one second and 1 week later he dies from kidney failure.. That STILL kills me remembering that.. I didn't have them euthanize him. I told him I would take him home, and lay with him on the bed with his favorite blanket as he took his last breath.. Seeing that and remembering his struggles to breath still breaks my heart... I just hate having to know it will eventually happen again... I know, life is loss, but it still hurts.

So if you have a pet or hell, wife/husband, live each day like its your last. Because life is short. Love them, and enjoy the time you have with them.. you never know what could happen...

Z

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Choc will be TWENTY this year!!

That is amazing--I have never heard of a cat living that long.

Some people underestimate the positive emotional value a pet can bring to someone's life.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Smiley Re: Choc will be TWENTY this year!!

Our old man kitty, Newman, is turning 19 also in June. So great to hear that Choc, like Newman, is spry in his old age!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Choc will be TWENTY this year!!

I have a dog pushing 16/17 (estimation as birthday isn't known). She's still psycho, bit more gray and grizzled but bounding with energy.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I grew up with a white and tan "flame point" (named "PJ" for peaches and jam) siamese who lived 21 years.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

That's awesome! Choc also likes to sleep under the covers with both by hands wrapped around him.. he feels safe I guess... always 'insta-purrs'[TM] <-- lol, but Choc won't do that with donna.. guess she moves around too much during the night.. hehe..

Sometimes, I'll fall asleep, and wake up with Choc deep under the covers on his side all stretched out sleeping, and I'm like... how did he get under there without me knowing?

Choc also begs like a dog.. always sniffing the air.. and ANY bag opening he stretches up on the cabnets in the kitchen to 'see' what we have... since he can't see, he doesn't know what bag is what.. so its a 'beg for everything' move.. hehe.. and when I sit down to eat, he'll already be sitting next to the chair, waiting.. (He does interceptions BIG TIME) lol, and if you begin eatting without letting him smell it, he's 'tap' you with his paw.. like HEY, I'm here, let me inspect it too!!

As a joke, I held up a Taco Dorito up to his nose, and he began licking all the spices off the chip.. then went and got a drink! he likes some odd things..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Does he jump off the bed and stuff? If so, how since he is blind? I vaguely recall you telling me he wasn't completely blind or something? Maybe i'm dreaming.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OMG Dan that's amazing! I remember when we first got introduced to him 12 years ago. Mikka will be 8 this year, the same age Choc was back then. This is her then...

And now!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I remember you talking about walking her on a leash. She's grown up well. Looks to be spoiled rotten .
Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Charly, my previous Siamese, lived 16 1/2 years. Had him from 1st grade till 1998 (I believe).. He was a blue point, and was amazing too... but he was fine one second and 1 week later he dies from kidney failure.. That STILL kills me remembering that.. I didn't have them euthanize him. I told him I would take him home, and lay with him on the bed with his favorite blanket as he took his last breath.. Seeing that and remembering his struggles to breath still breaks my heart... I just hate having to know it will eventually happen again... I know, life is loss, but it still hurts.
I worry about this with Mikka too. I know she's only 8, but I worry . I don't think I could bear having to make that decision when the time comes (hopefully many many years away).

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote