Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: The Trend Continues

It's all how you're raised in my opinion. Take me for example, I grew up watching horror flicks with my father religiously. I'd seen every horror film made by the time I was seven years old, yet the thought never entered my mind to kill somebody brutally.

Parents these days, my generation's a dying breed. Most of the people I've met my age are as well off as I am, but anymore, parents will pay such close attention to their children but once they hit that teenage age, they shoo them right out the door. Then when their kids go off on a killing spree, they say, "I just don't know what went wrong." That's right, they didn't know.

http://www.wlky.com/news/15357661/detail.html

About as close as you'll get to an update.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFR View Post
If you want your posts to be taken seriously, it might be a good idea to write "Maybe" with an "M", "America" with an "A", "making" with a "g" and if you insist on using "ain't" at least give it an apostrophe.
oh shut up, lol
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar View Post
No, no, no, Ilander. It's not a question of morality not being taught. Do you believe that people are unaware that killing and stealing is "wrong"? It's a disregard for such morality that is the problem. People need to be taught things like empathy and problem solving skills.

In addition to this, the connection between some/many/most school shootings needs to be studied. Unfortunately, actual and valid ways to prevent this sort of thing will never, ever be implemented, and instead people will come up with asinine things that don't work to give them a false sense of security.

And so it goes.

to get to a deeper level, human nature is inherently corrupt and peeps must fight to remain good in this corruptive world.

You could also argue that in a huge country like the USA, one shooting in a school every, I dunno, couple of months, aint (<-specifically for ZFR) that statistically meaningful
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote