Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Default got a virus

Hey everybody, last night my virus scanner (avast free edition) picked up 4 files infected with Agent-RGO, a Trojan horse. It could only quarantine one of the files and I can't find any info on Agent-RGO online. Anyone know the best way to get rid of it?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: got a virus

I found references to backdoor-dle going by an alias of Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.rg. Perhaps you've got another variant of it.

In any case, have you tried the on-line cleaning sites, like Trend Micro's House Call?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

I tried Micro's House Call, which did find some spyware. But it didn't catch the virus. Hmm, I'll have to run Avast again and see if it got rid of the problem without my realizing it.

Thanks for the tip about Trend Micro, I didn't know they had a free scanning utility.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Huwge
Dungeon Master

Superantispyware can be pretty effective.

For me the worry would be how Id got infected in the first place
Old 01-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
I found references to backdoor-dle going by an alias of Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.rg. Perhaps you've got another variant of it.

In any case, have you tried the on-line cleaning sites, like Trend Micro's House Call?
Just had my firewall (ZoneAlarm pro) yank that one off my own pc! Sheesh... you never can be sure you've got it all protected, can you?!
Old 01-31-2008, 05:57 AM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

Shocked Re: got a virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazilan View Post
Hey everybody, last night my virus scanner (avast free edition) picked up 4 files infected with Agent-RGO, a Trojan horse. It could only quarantine one of the files and I can't find any info on Agent-RGO online. Anyone know the best way to get rid of it?
You should run the antivirus in "Windows safe mode" hit F8 when booting Windows. Your antivirus can only qurantine if the file isn't running and it won't run when youare in Safmode*. Also I found Avast to be highly ineffective and inferiorto Antivir, on one computer it even hungup IE and Firefox while checking pages.

*There is an malware that I found on a friends computer, posing as a Spyware cleaner that actually runs also in Safe Mode, very scary!

Last edited by Jorath Calar; 01-31-2008 at 06:03 AM.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote