Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-16-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was at Petco today buying a mouse for my snake~he used to eat frozen mice but I've started feeding him live ones because they cost the same and I don't have to wait to defrost them...anyway, I was standing in front of the display with all the little common mice waiting for a person to get one for me. This little girl comes over and is giggling at the ones running around and running in the wheel. She must have been 7 or 8.
Then she notices me watching the mice and says, "Are you going to get one for a pet?"
And, without thinking, I reply, "No, I'm getting one to feed to my snake."
After I said that she kind of gasped and got all teary, then ran off to her family who were looking at some gerbils...

Needless to say, I felt sort of bad [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

...and this is the BEST reason you can think of for why you should think before you speak??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Of course not, did I say that? It's an example that I experienced today, jebus rice [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #4
Encard
Quintesson

Hehe, nice. But hey, she's have had to learn someday that mice make tasty snacks, anyway! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Good ol' snakes...
Old 09-16-2004, 08:07 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Of course not, did I say that? It's an example that I experienced today, jebus rice [img]tongue.gif[/img]
the fact that you actually answered that post says....something
Old 09-16-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

A classic!

And as for Vaskez... Did you hear Rumsfelt mixing up the names of Sadam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden in a press conference yesterday? If you haven't then that will amuse you plenty...

Now before we get off topic [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I just love the horrible truths about animals and nature you can freak kids out with at pet stores, and about pets in general, don't you?

My cousin once asked me where the jellyfish in his salt-water tank went off to, and rather than bothering to make up an elaborate story I out and admited to him that Jellyfish, when placed in filtered sea water lacking in the nutrients they thrive off of, commit scuicide by eating their own bodies until nothing is left. You know, you'd think kids would be able to deal with that sort of thing after seeing Finding Nemo... doesnt that movie start off with a clown fish losing his wife and all 300 or so children except for one!?

Seriously though, your snake story sounds like the kind of thing that could get published in the New Yorker [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's an instant classic.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:15 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I doubt the entire readership of the New Yorker would be as easily amused as you DK [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 08:20 PM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

...but if people thought before they spoke life would be boring... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
...but if people thought before they spoke life would be boring... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Exactly! If I thought before I posted, I wouldn't post
Old 09-16-2004, 08:43 PM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I had a similar reaction once from a Wal-Mart clerk working the fish tanks. I was getting some cheapo fish to feed to my Oscar, and when the clerk got too chatty, she found out something she did NOT want to know...lol.

It was one of the last times I bought feeder fish there. Not because of the clerk, but because I found out the local sporting goods store had a much better deal on minnows, and my Oscar wasn't a finicky eater.