Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 07:15 PM   #11
Firebane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

meh...i may be a boy but i know the one main rule to win a fight....aim low id like to see someone try to rob MY store while im around

[ 09-16-2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Firebane ]
Old 09-17-2004, 01:14 AM   #12
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I also work the late shift, and while it has major drawbacks, it also has it's advantages. I work on a computer at a printing company and a good portion of the night I'm either on IW or playing BG2. I just wish there was a strip club next to my building! Err, um, I'm sure they would have a lot of dollar bills if I needed change for the vending machine, that's why.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:37 AM   #13
theGrimm
Manshoon

Mmmm...you play PS at the back of a store in a high-crime area?

What's the address, pray tell...I've been wanting a PS II for some time!
Old 09-17-2004, 03:49 AM   #14
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

I think mines up there too..

I do shift work which gives me 33% loading on top of my already overpaid base salary. I sit at a computer for 12 hours along with 4 other operators, and fix things when they break... which isnt often. On night shift (8pm-8am) we watch movies (cough... not pirated... noo... cough), play extensively long games of monopoly, and cards (gotta love uno). Id say about a total of 3 hours work per 12 hour shift. Oh, and on average I only work 36 hours a week on a full time salary

And yet, I still find the time to constantly bitch about losing every second weekend to work
Old 09-17-2004, 07:33 AM   #15
Azeral
Manshoon

if I had a job it would be cool. but i dont so i will just have to make money thru other means (wink wink nudge nudge Hivetryant)
Old 09-17-2004, 07:50 AM   #16
Pyrius
Dungeon Master

The robbery thing aint no big problem for me since most of my customers are regulars or know me from when I used to bounce at one of the clubs...If things get hairy though I do have one benefit: The store has a taser under the counter and the boss man lets me carry my health insurance, a .38.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:16 PM   #17
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrius:
The robbery thing aint no big problem for me since most of my customers are regulars or know me from when I used to bounce at one of the clubs...If things get hairy though I do have one benefit: The store has a taser under the counter and the boss man lets me carry my health insurance, a .38.

I wonder if that's covered under Medicare...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-17-2004, 12:24 PM   #18
quietman1920

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrius:
Lets hope you don't have to apply too many suppositories with that thing.