Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2004, 11:02 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I re-subscribed without any problem but I didn't 'upgrade' the program so I don't know if I missed out because it just worked ok or I didn't have to do what you did, LZ.

Glad you got it to work, finally!

PS, Very nice of you to help out, T D C!

[ 08-19-2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-19-2004, 11:14 PM   #12
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I re-subscribed without any problem but I didn't 'upgrade' the program so I don't know if I missed out because it just worked ok or I didn't have to do what you did, LZ.

Glad you got it to work, finally!

PS, Very nice of you to help out, T D C!
No Problem Cloudy, Glad to help out my fellow Ironworkers!

If anyone has a problem with the Symantec/Norton range let me know I will be more than happy to look into it for you. I was in Tech Support for a while before moving into Sales so i still should be able to help you out.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:50 PM   #13
DBear
Drow Warrior

Norton updates may be a PITA sometimes, but they are definitely worth it.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:27 PM   #14
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Don't worry Ladyzekke I know how you feel when comes to installing things on your computer... and I know what it's like trying to network two computers.
It's a disaster... error error error error... restart... install.... error error error error... restart... uninstall... link computers... install... error erro error error... restart... uninstall... connect to internet... install...
Lol yes that's what happens when you try and network computers.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 08-20-2004, 09:43 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Oh no, I guess I did not make myself clear, I loaded it just fine eventually that day, after all the problems I had. [img]smile.gif[/img] But thank you so much TDC for your instructions, must have taken a bit to post all that, thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img] So Norton Professional Edition is now on there at work just fine now, I just wanted to rant about my troubles somewhere mostly LOL. Yes, I know, I could have just updated it online, but it was at work, and my boss is kinda reluctant to give up his credit card number, so I just decided to order it when ordering office supplies LOL.

Now, Zone Alarm Pro is going to expire in September on my work PC, so I guess I'm GONNA have to make him give up his credit card to re-register it. Not incase they sell it in stores now, which I've never seen as of yet.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Lauren, try downloading stuff with this shite Verizon dial up, it takes hours, and sometimes just cuts out, out of nowhere, for no reason, just to mess with you I think, somebody somewhere is really laughing evilly, I hate whoever they are, damn them to hell! Oh sorry, *cough* Nice to see you back Lauren. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-20-2004, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-20-2004, 10:32 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I saw ZoneAlarmPro on the shelves at CompUSA last week, LZ. You don't necessarily have to download it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:02 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Really? OK, that's cool then. I'll check out Staples first, then Best Buy (same shopping center) and see if I can just buy it then with a company check.

I just bought the newest version of Zone Alarm Prooo at home, including the "suite" version, which includes antivirus software, IM protection, and I think it said it helped protect spyware as well. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Reality Show Recaps