Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #1
Azeral
Manshoon

I need thelp deciding on a new mobile phone.
the two that i am currently looking at are the t610 (sony-erricson) and the 3200 (nokia) does anyone own either of these phones? If so could you please tell me the pros and cons of each phone.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I have not owned a sony in a long time, but do know that both nokia and sony make good phones, are they both from the same service company? or does the phones come from 2 seperate providers? that is more what you need to look at, but I looked up the nokia 3200, and there are some nice features on it, but am not really impressed compared to any other phone as far as looks.....however the nokia has a cam on it, not sure about the sony. but one thing I will say about nokia products, they are compatible with alot of accessories, and the battery life on them are very good as opposed to other makes [img]smile.gif[/img] I hate my new phone, which is not a nokia...and would gladly get another nokia anyday but this is not much help huh? ok let me see if I can be of help, erricson phones are ok, but the main problem is battery life, the one I owned 3 years ago only had a limite amount of talk time before the battery died, which was about 40 minutes, where as the nokias I have owned the talk time was alot longer between 90 minutes to 2 hours. and the most recetn one I owned was just as good as the older one, plus it had an added feature that the erricsons did not, flashing lights on the sides. your best bet on a phone is to decided what it is to be used for...personal calls(used alot) personal calls(very seldom used) buisness(used alot) or so forth and so on. if it is to be used alot, you should look at the battery life, and how easy it is to charge the batteries, also think about what style you like best, some phones allow you to change the apperance on them, the nokias are good about that! changing things from the face plate, all the way to attenas. so in short, what do you want out of your phone? do you want to be able to customize it? or prefer a lon battery life? thinks of those things....ok I will shut up now
Old 09-04-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

this might be of help....this is the t610 phone info...
Quote:
Sony Ericsson T610 Camera Phone Review
by Todd Ogasawara
12/11/2003
Sony Ericsson calls the T610 camera phone an image and entertainment phone instead of a smartphone. They reserve the smartphone designation for the higher-end and higher-priced, PDA (Personal Digital Assistant)-like P800 and P900 series. The T610 is, however, a very capable and relatively tiny Bluetooth-enabled GSM/GPRS wireless phone.

The T610 is not based on Linux, the Microsoft Smartphone, Palm OS, or Symbian OS platforms. Nor does it have the larger storage memory (4 to 16MB RAM) associated with phones typically categorized as smartphones. Instead, it is based on the proprietary Sony Ericsson OS. And it can run applications written in Java.

This Sony phone has a 65536-color screen, 2MB of internal RAM, a built-in camera capable of taking small still photos, a WAP/XHTML browser, and support for both infrared and Bluetooth personal-area wireless communications.

Voice Features
The T610 does not present many surprises in its core function: serving as a wireless telephone. Its speaker volume is sufficient for most conditions. Pressing the left soft button when viewing the main screen takes you to a call list with easily interpreted icons that represent incoming, outgoing, and missed calls. Pressing the right soft button takes you to a menu to let you quickly toggle ring tones, Bluetooth, and infrared. The same menu also lets you create a quick note in the notepad.

The only major phone feature shortcoming is the lack of a speakerphone.
/
/
/
/
Hardware Information and End-User Features
Sony Ericsson T610 Specifications
Wireless Capabilities GSM (Tri-band 900/1800/1900MHz)
GPRS
Infrared
Bluetooth
Size & Weight 4.09 by 2.17 by 0.75 inches (102 by 44 by 19mm)
3.35 ounces (95 grams)
Screen STN
65536 colors
128 by 160 pixels
1.38 by 1.63 inches
Audio Speaker/Microphone
Headset Jack
Camera: Still 352 by 288 maximum image size
Fixed lens
No flash
10 to 31KB observed typical still-image file size
Camera: Video NA
Memory 2MB internal RAM
Power 315 hours standby
14 hours of talk time
4 hour charge time for lithium-ion battery
I found out more about the 3200, here is s ite that list all the info, to much stuff to try and paste here...
http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/nokia/3200.html
but from the looks of it, it is an ok phone, but not as good as the other as far as memory, but has alot of other nice features on it [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-04-2004, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 09-05-2004, 02:15 AM   #4
Azeral
Manshoon

I think I might look at the sony erricson because it has the 65k colour screen and bluetooth. (all i need is a bluetooth card for my pda then i would be set) plus it has twise the memory and twise the channels on the polyphonic ringtones (I think that means better sound)
Old 09-05-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

The thing I don't like about the 3200 is the buttons. I mean...it doesn't even have a full set! There are only 6 for 9 numbers, meaning you have to press down a certain side to get it to type in that number/letter. I think that might get annoying, but then I have never owned a 3200 so I couldn't tell you first hand.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:28 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Azeral:
I need thelp deciding on a new mobile phone.
the two that i am currently looking at are the t610 (sony-erricson) and the 3200 (nokia) does anyone own either of these phones? If so could you please tell me the pros and cons of each phone.
Didn't you already buy a phone the other day?
Old 09-05-2004, 10:07 PM   #7
Azeral
Manshoon

yeah but I had to return it.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:11 PM   #8
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've had my Nokia 35861 for a year or so now, and I love it!

Stats:

• Large, high-resolution color display
• Voice dialing for up to 25 names
• Phone book with up to 500 contacts, with multiple numbers and text entries per contact
• Full calendar lets you save up to 100 entries, including meetings, birthdays or any type of reminder
• Alarm clock with snooze
• Memo Recorder
• Enjoy 45 enhanced musical ring tones (MIDI) included or download * ring tones
• 3 games: Sky Diver, Racket, Bowling
• Access the mobile Internet with the built-in browser *
• Internal wireless modem
• 1x Ready

[ 09-05-2004, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]